[7.3.5] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
ezekielyo

Re: [7.2.5] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Wen your using head lego and gloves what tier sets are you using 2/2 or 4 set?
Always ToS 4 set
Xinder

Re: [7.2.5] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Unread postby Xinder Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Hey Ezekielyo. I posted in the DPS thread last week but you probably hadn't seen the reply. I was the one stating I couldn't get sims to use the belt as best no matter what I tried simming. Below are the results of those sims.

Here's a top gear sim I just ran trying to get the belt to be picked as best. Still can't get it.
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... u5jiB5XAmf

Here's the nightly build and kindling used instead meteor: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... JPgd263ZN7
You will have a lot of crit in this build which makes the shoulders much better since they favour HS procs, I presume ring is also trying to maximise the shoulder procs.

That being said, remember that the majority of sim data is mainly based around a ST fight, patchwerk, 5 minute fight. This is hardly ever applicable in an actual raid and is why you will see people using IF instead of RoP even though RoP is technically more dps. Getting the most of the legendaries/talents is what makes them valuable, not what the sim churns out.

That being said, if you dropped crit in your gear, you will probably see belt rise above shoulders.
Ok. If I can get the bracers I'll probably mess around with the gearing again. I lose such drive to mess with Fire gearing when I don't actually play it on progression since I'm more practiced in Frost. Haven't played fire since it got changed in 7.1.5 so I'm a bit out of practice lol.
darkcam17

Re: [7.2.5/7.3] Fire Mage Compendium, by Ezekielyo

Unread postby darkcam17 Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:13 pm

First off thanks for the fantastic guide!

Was just wondering if you can elaborate on what goes into picking which M+ build you run. I'm going to be running a lot of high level keys soon and would like to understand the decision making that goes into which talent setup to play. Thanks!
Darkwraith01

Unread postby Darkwraith01 Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Sorry if someone has already answered that (I took a quick look and didn't see it), but I just recently got the Fire Mage bracers, and have switched (back) to Fire.

Question is: if I get a bracer proc during a Combustion, should I use it (and sacrifice many instant pyros) or not? I've seen people saying yes and no....

Thanks.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 am

Sorry if someone has already answered that (I took a quick look and didn't see it), but I just recently got the Fire Mage bracers, and have switched (back) to Fire.

Question is: if I get a bracer proc during a Combustion, should I use it (and sacrifice many instant pyros) or not? I've seen people saying yes and no....

Thanks.
Cast it if you can get it off before combust ends, else no.
Toranaxx

Unread postby Toranaxx Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks.
If you get a bracer proc during combustion, you should always use it! Let me explain to you why:
1. Getting crit on your empowered pyroblast boosts your dps alot more than casting 3-4 instant pyroblasts
-Why? - Because these fire blasts and phenix flames are guaranteed critical, you can continue building up your ignite after combustion ends with these crits, by getting procs for your pyroblast.
2. If you're using the Incanter's Flow talent, you can risk missing a bracer proc to get more damage on your pyroblast by tracking your stacks. If you start casting your pyroblast at 2 stacks of IF, you should be able to hit the target with 4-5 stacks of it, meaning your damage of the spell is even more powerful. DISCLAIMER! This is really risky, because you may miss a legendary proc during this proccess.
3. I'll try to give you an example with numbers:
- Normal pyroblast crit is around 1.2mil to 1.7 depending on IF
- Empowered pyroblast crit is around 5mil to 6.5mil depending on IF
- Normal pyroblast is around 800k to 1.1mil depending on IF
- Empowered pyroblast is around 2.5mil to 3.6 mil depending on IF
These numbers are just an example. Thats how much i hit from what i've seen.
4. If you manage to get a empowered pyroblast during combustion and it deals more than 5mil to the target, your ignite jumps in the sky. That's why mastery sims so high. Fire mage's rotation is all about building up your ignite, not spending your crits on pyroblasts :)

A little tip - When you get a legendary proc, you should always cast it by having Hot Streak ready, because when you finish the cast, you can send an instant pyroblast before the empowered one hits the target. You can use Fire Blast during casting. (I'm saying this in case you dont know it, ofcourse)

Gratz for your bracer drop, and have fun :) A little practice, and you'll get the hang of it
Darkwraith01

Unread postby Darkwraith01 Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks guys!
Sunspark

Unread postby Sunspark Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:41 am

Call me crazy, but 70% crit build with bracers / shard for ST and gloves/head and pyromaniac + kindling for aoe, still pull nice numbers too. At the end of the fight i end up with 85% pyroblast crit. Almost all bracer procs crit. Crit chains are insane. And i like crit build much more.

Its also much easier as you dont have to fish for adds under 30% hp, as you generate HS realy fast. And pyromaniac talent can proc 3x in a row somehow. Just sayin.

Still for progres and heavy movement fights i go with haste mastery waist build only because of Scorch.
Flüxx

Unread postby Flüxx Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Greetings fellow pyromancers! So, I just had the shard drop for me last night and I'm excited to try it out, but I've been contemplating a separate opener for groups pushing warp/lust at the beginning of the fight.

My Talents are pyromaniac, shimmer, I.F., unstable magic and meteor.

(Pre-pot) Hard cast pyro 2secs prior to pull and combust always delaying till the end of the cast and then Warp(obviously casting yourself to benefit from shard). Phoenix Flames to trigger H.S., then proceed into standard combust rotation. Meteor at 4-5 stacks of I.F. and crit damage buff from artifact. Make sure not to munch pyro's from pyromaniac. I like the extra chance to proc wrists off of free Pyromaniac triggers. This may be complete inferior but Id like feedback.

Any thoughts on this? Cheers!
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 pm

With Firestarter, the first 10% and your combust will most likely both benefit from lust/hero/ timewarp, so I'd stick with that. Plus, you are bound to munch pyro procs unless you wait after each cast to see if it proc'd, which would be a dps loss. Just my humble opinion.
Nareela

Unread postby Nareela Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Ive got 1 question, (on M+, high keys) when i pop combustion on a mob pack should i proceed and do a normal spell rotation, or should i use the instant procs on flamestrike instead of pyros? (if the answer is flamestrike, please tell me how many mobs should there be to make it worth using the instants there and losing the fat ignites from pyros) I have tested both and im not really sure on what to do, i think knowing this would boost my burst quite a bit.
Cheers!
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Ive got 1 question, (on M+, high keys) when i pop combustion on a mob pack should i proceed and do a normal spell rotation, or should i use the instant procs on flamestrike instead of pyros? (if the answer is flamestrike, please tell me how many mobs should there be to make it worth using the instants there and losing the fat ignites from pyros) I have tested both and im not really sure on what to do, i think knowing this would boost my burst quite a bit.
Cheers!
There is a section in the m+ guide for pyro Vs flamestriking.

I personally prefer to pyro as much as possible but FS (with FP) is more overall damage in most situations. I focus on a very priority damage playstyle, removing high threats quickly instead of having the entire group die at the same time.
Darkwraith01

Unread postby Darkwraith01 Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Quick question on stats: every simulation I run with Simulcraft for single target fights (using "Light Movement fight"), 350 sec and 20% variation, it shows me versatility ~haste > mastery > crit (I use bracers + belt). However, I see on many single target fights, specially Sisters of the Moon Mythic, that other mages with higher mastery (20% mine vs 30% other mages) and much lower versatility and haste, are doing much, much more damage.

Yesterday, for example: My Pyro damage was around 189 M vs 191 M from another mage (we have the same ilvl, same legendaries, same shark + owl trinkets, using the same talents), but my ignite was around 65 M and his was a whopping 101 M!!

I need help understanding this. It doesn't make sense to me to have that much damage from ignite on a ST fight.
Sunspark

Unread postby Sunspark Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Nothin to explain. More crits with 20% mastery will generate better ignite than low crit with 30 mastery. Also hight crit builds got nice combustion. Also he propably timed comustions for add.
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 pm

[/quote]
First off thanks for the fantastic guide!

Was just wondering if you can elaborate on what goes into picking which M+ build you run. I'm going to be running a lot of high level keys soon and would like to understand the decision making that goes into which talent setup to play. Thanks!

I consider the affixes and the level of the key when picking talents. Bolstering weeks I run flamepatch for higher keys but I mainly play a pyro PT build since there will more than likely be priority targets in every pack. I only use flamestrike on packs with no PT.

Quick question on stats: every simulation I run with Simulcraft for single target fights (using "Light Movement fight"), 350 sec and 20% variation, it shows me versatility ~haste > mastery > crit (I use bracers + belt). However, I see on many single target fights, specially Sisters of the Moon Mythic, that other mages with higher mastery (20% mine vs 30% other mages) and much lower versatility and haste, are doing much, much more damage.

Yesterday, for example: My Pyro damage was around 189 M vs 191 M from another mage (we have the same ilvl, same legendaries, same shark + owl trinkets, using the same talents), but my ignite was around 65 M and his was a whopping 101 M!!

I need help understanding this. It doesn't make sense to me to have that much damage from ignite on a ST fight.

Either he had a lot of bracer procs during combustion or his add damage was much higher than yours. Check what targets his ignite was damaging compared to yours.
Krisse

Unread postby Krisse Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Are the http://www.wowhead.com/spell=238055 relics any good?
Nibbler

Unread postby Nibbler Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello all, I got a noob question:
When boss is at 30% and you got brazzers and belt as legendaries, is worthy to use pyroblast when you got legen's proc without combustion, or is better to keep spamming scorch?
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:14 am

Hello all, I got a noob question:
When boss is at 30% and you got brazzers and belt as legendaries, is worthy to use pyroblast when you got legen's proc without combustion, or is better to keep spamming scorch?
Brazzers 0_0

You always use pyro procs as you get them to reduce munching. If you're in Firestarter and you can't cast it to get the instant crit, you may want to hold off. If combustion is about to be up before the pyro proc ends (and you have time to cast it) you hold the proc for combustion. This applied to the Scorch Execute phase with belt as well.
Brutalgeuse

Unread postby Brutalgeuse Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:01 pm

I don't recall seeing a "pawn" script. As a very new mage and undergeared i am having troubles figuring out what stats are the best with my lack of gear and have been relying on Pawn to help me out.Before I came to this website by recommendation from a friend but before that I was using Icy Viens and Noxxic but they have very different views on what stats are Ideal so i get stuck in the middle which lead to more confusion. I want to be as strong as i can be for when the new raid opens so i am not a weakpoint in my Guilds raidteam so i am trying to get as much gear as i can before that happens.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:21 pm

When gearing up and just needing advice on what stats to focus on, just use raidbots (www.raidbots.com) and the stat weight calculation. It comes as close as needs be for your situation.

Return to “Fire”