Combustion Technique - Tick compression

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
wuvius

Re: Combustion Technique - Tick compression

Unread postby wuvius Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:23 am

Looooool , might be worth doing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45Ho0e ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

Just kind of threw it together after working on it for a couple of hours today. A few funny pulls ...see if you can find them
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Popped into and LFR to try this out, finally got the hang of it with macros to make it idiotproof

1.78mil Peak ignite

I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Sky

Unread postby Sky Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Popped into and LFR to try this out, finally got the hang of it with macros to make it idiotproof

1.78mil Peak ignite
What macros did you use?
Skye | Entropy US-Frostmourne US 2nd | 7/7M Highmaul 10/10M BRF | Twitch
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Most people use a focus IB macro combined with a focus ignite weak aura. I'll link the weak aura when I get home later tonight.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
voltaa
Staff emeritus

Unread postby voltaa Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 pm

1.78mil Peak ignite
What macros did you use?
#showtooltip
/focus [@focus,noexists]
/cast [@focus] Pyroblast

and

#showtooltip
/focus [@focus,noexists]
/cast [@focus] Inferno Blast

as well as a focus ignite /wa
I used to be gud, I used to be best...lol
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 pm

1.78mil Peak ignite
What macros did you use?
as well as a focus ignite /wa
The aura I use as a template:

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5009#p5009" target="_blank
Owner of Altered Time.

Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:26 pm

I understand the principle behind it, but I am having a difficult time pulling this off effectively. Im in 587 close to bis gear... I created a mouse over macro to speed things up as well.

/target [@mouseover,harm]
/use [nomod]Pyroblast;[mod:ctrll]Inferno Blast
/targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm]

I have tried 5 times so far.
Took a lot more than 5 tries for me to get it down, spent like 2k gold just repairing from killing myself to reset lust :P Try it more
I have a "get naked" macro specifically for this.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:05 pm

I have a "get naked" macro specifically for this.

;)
Bakery

Unread postby Bakery Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:48 pm

I practiced this for quite a while a few nights ago and had better-than-normal-combustion results, but nowhere near the numbers you guys are getting. The highest combustion I got was a 210k tick value. This was with lust, only arcane intellect for raid buffs, molten armor, and a 580 ilvl (normal 4/4 non-WF BBoY). Basically, for gear around that level, especially with a 569 BBoY, does 210k seem reasonable?

With regards to the timing of spreading focus-ignite to main target, with what duration remaining do you guys aim to use IB?
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 pm

I practiced this for quite a while a few nights ago and had better-than-normal-combustion results, but nowhere near the numbers you guys are getting. The highest combustion I got was a 210k tick value. This was with lust, only arcane intellect for raid buffs, molten armor, and a 580 ilvl (normal 4/4 non-WF BBoY). Basically, for gear around that level, especially with a 569 BBoY, does 210k seem reasonable?

With regards to the timing of spreading focus-ignite to main target, with what duration remaining do you guys aim to use IB?
210k Sounds okay, depends on your mastery, could be higher though. Should use mage armor on your opener. (unless you got low crit)

To your second question, anything <1.5 seconds is fine. Aslong as your primary target ignite hasnt ticked yet.
Owner of Altered Time.

Bakery

Unread postby Bakery Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 pm

So, basically, don't worry about timing IB? The reason I ask is I want to cross as much off the list as I can. I'm running ~120ms lat with a wireless connection, so I always have that "not exactly ideal for fire" in the back of my head as an excuse. It's why I much prefer arcane. I never know if I'm still in the 4 second window with the last pyroblast or not.
Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Looooool , might be worth doing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45Ho0e ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

Just kind of threw it together after working on it for a couple of hours today. A few funny pulls ...see if you can find them
Sometimes you use a PoM pyro on the main target when you have a HU and a pyro in the air, then use a pyro! proc on the alternate target. This is not ideal since the ignite from the second target does not get added to the first target. This can be fixed by moving closer to the target so you do not have to wait for the pyro to hit and generate a proc before casting the next ability or affecting what you use.
Bakery

Unread postby Bakery Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Something I'm curious about. Is there any way to get a 4 pyro ignite on the main target while still being able to cleave 1 sec of focus-ignite to it? Does that alter-time-teleport/rocket boots trick actually work? Can it be used here?
Garrod

Unread postby Garrod Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Not gonna lie, this thing made me discover I had a typo in my AT macro...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:32 pm

So, basically, don't worry about timing IB? The reason I ask is I want to cross as much off the list as I can. I'm running ~120ms lat with a wireless connection, so I always have that "not exactly ideal for fire" in the back of my head as an excuse. It's why I much prefer arcane. I never know if I'm still in the 4 second window with the last pyroblast or not.
You do have to worry about timing, but anything sub ~1.7 seconds and before primary target ignite ticks works.

You don't have to time for like 0.2 secs at all. Just IB when secondary target has less than ~1.7 secs left. (while making sure you landed a pyro in the last 1.5 seconds on primary)
Owner of Altered Time.

Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Something I'm curious about. Is there any way to get a 4 pyro ignite on the main target while still being able to cleave 1 sec of focus-ignite to it? Does that alter-time-teleport/rocket boots trick actually work? Can it be used here?
Only possibility is the AT teleport+nitro boost thing (if you think that works in the first place). I have tried 3 times or so and it didnt get me a new record (highest 1.8m), still 2.3mill ignite as my best. I don't think I managed to actually land 4 in the time period though.

I never quite figured out how people think the AT trick would work though, since pyro travel time is max 0.75 anyway, so you can never get 2 pyros landing in 1 gcd.
Owner of Altered Time.

Trustbucket

Unread postby Trustbucket Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 pm

No

That "trick" never used a strict ignite window to fit in pyros, although for some reason people thought it did. This trick does use a strict ignite window on a separate target as a template, and theres no way you are getting another pyro in because pyroblast's max travel time is less than a second (I believe 0.75s is the number) if used at absolute max range.
Bakery

Unread postby Bakery Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm

That "trick" never used a strict ignite window to fit in pyros, although for some reason people thought it did. This trick does use a strict ignite window on a separate target as a template, and theres no way you are getting another pyro in because pyroblast's max travel time is less than a second (I believe 0.75s is the number) if used at absolute max range.
Thanks! I never knew what the exact travel time was on pyro and I'm stuck at work so I can't test anything, and I needed to quench my thirst for mind-blowing-combustions. :P I never saw any different results between the "trick" and normal AT usage, so that's good to know. Anyways, thanks for being awesome about answering questions guys! If you wouldn't mind, I have one more question. I swear I'll slow down eventually. When prepping for AT, what is the protocol list you guys use? Do you wait til:

-both trinkets are up?
-immediately upon gaining HU+HS w/BBoY?
-you have HU+HS and 6 stack BBoY?
-etc?
Haunted

Unread postby Haunted Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:28 am

Thanks! I never knew what the exact travel time was on pyro and I'm stuck at work so I can't test anything, and I needed to quench my thirst for mind-blowing-combustions. :P I never saw any different results between the "trick" and normal AT usage, so that's good to know. Anyways, thanks for being awesome about answering questions guys! If you wouldn't mind, I have one more question. I swear I'll slow down eventually. When prepping for AT, what is the protocol list you guys use? Do you wait til:

-both trinkets are up?
-immediately upon gaining HU+HS w/BBoY?
-you have HU+HS and 6 stack BBoY?
-etc?
I consider a 'perfect pull' to have both trinkets proc within the first 1-3 gcds, getting HU+HS w/ 4 pc, use it..

100% get another HU+HS because of said 4 pc, and if BBoY procced immediately it will be at 6-7 stacks and then go crazy with your cds as you can always get at least 1 pyro off at 10 stacks and sometimes 2 (so 2 and 3-4 after you alter time as well)

of course this probably happens less than 50% of the time, so the other times I just settle for a lower BBoY stack

and personally if PBoI hasn't procced by the time BBoY is at 6ish stacks, I just go w/o it and blame rng
rhythms

Unread postby rhythms Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:22 am

Assuming the following conditions are met,

1. 4+ minute long fight
2. Within margin of time for the 2nd delayed combustion with PBoI
3. Adds within range

For the 2nd AT combustion, would it be worth attempting despite being under GCD cap (2 Pyro ignite after AT)?

Return to “Fire”