Haste or crit?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
arsenalist

Haste or crit?

Unread postby arsenalist Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:55 pm

I thought that i need as much crit as possible for fire mage and i collect 55% but today someone told me if i have pyro leg that i dont need crit and to put all on haste so i am asking you guus how mich haste and how muc crit do i need ?
Glencoe

Re: Haste or crit?

Unread postby Glencoe Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:02 am

Sim it.
There's a guide on how to use simcraft in general discussion
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am

or even simpler got to raidbots.com , click stat weigths and import from armory having equiped the pyro leg.
Then you ll know what stat you need
Goblinguide

Unread postby Goblinguide Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 am

It changes so much on a mage to mage basis, my highest sim output has me at 47% crit and 22% haste, which at that point sim-craft is telling me mastery is my best stat..Your just going to have to play with your gear sim a lot and see what you can come up with. If you don't want to re gem or enchant you can use the spell id's in place of current enchants to see how they would change your DPS.
tar3k

Unread postby tar3k Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Well i played around with Sims and usually asks to stack Mastery although mine is 19%

looking at Imfiredup, one of the best Fire mages https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /imfiredup" target="_blank

i noticed that, he dropped his Crit 18%/Mastery 19% and stacked Versa 11% +Haste 24%

i think it is worth testing.

Note that dropping crit and going with haste is only when:
1- Legendary Bracers
2- T19 2P bonus

you can easily replace items and sim different sets on AskMrRobot. may be not as accurate as simcraft but easier in testing different options.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Well i played around with Sims and usually asks to stack Mastery although mine is 19%

looking at Imfiredup, one of the best Fire mages https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /imfiredup" target="_blank

i noticed that, he dropped his Crit 18%/Mastery 19% and stacked Versa 11% +Haste 24%

1- Legendary Bracers
2- T19 2P bonus

you can easily replace items and sim different sets on AskMrRobot. may be not as accurate as simcraft but easier in testing different options.
A better option than AskMrRobot is Raidbots.com because the raidbots site runs simcraft to do the simulations and not whatever AMR uses. Even if AMR has gotten better over the years or you don't know how to sim, raidbots can help make simming easier. I use it all the time myself because it's run on the site and won't hog resources on my PC. So I can do a large iteration sim and still play the game.
tar3k

Unread postby tar3k Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 am

1- Legendary Bracers
2- T19 2P bonus

A better option than AskMrRobot is Raidbots.com because the raidbots site runs simcraft to do the simulations and not whatever AMR uses. Even if AMR has gotten better over the years or you don't know how to sim, raidbots can help make simming easier. I use it all the time myself because it's run on the site and won't hog resources on my PC. So I can do a large iteration sim and still play the game.

I +1 this
music49

Unread postby music49 Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:27 pm

In general for fire mage you always want crit, but you have to remember if you have to much crit, you will be using less Phoenix Flames and And Fire Blasts, So it is finding a perfect balance between weaving those in and having enough crit to not be solely dependent on them.

It's also where you fit in, no one plays at 100% all the time, so maybe you want a little higher crit if you're not as good as others managing fire blast and phoenix flames or more haste if you are better at it. I my self prefer around 50% crit to 53% with my play style and I tend to only get the opening rotation perfect, which looks great on recount but I become less of an impact as the fights get longer

And as everyone here says it is always best to Sim yourself

Return to “Fire”