Mastery rapidly becoming best stat for ST

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Apark2241

Mastery rapidly becoming best stat for ST

Unread postby Apark2241 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:23 am

After getting 4 piece from TOS I made the switch to Incanters flow from MI because of my simming and I've also noticed mastery has rapidly climbed to one of my best ST stats. I've also noticed some top fire mages stacking mastery. Is IC the reason for mastery becoming more valuable for ST?
Preheet

Re: Mastery rapidly becoming best stat for ST

Unread postby Preheet Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 am

I could totally understand why Mastery for ST would be good IFF Combustion was how it was in WoD, but as it stands right now I don't see how or why Mastery could be more beneficial to stack over, say, Crit or even Vers >= Haste. Could you possibly link your Sim?

As it stands with set bonuses, plus legendaries giving you a bunch of free crit (ex. t19 2set, koralons, etc) it's understandable why Crit is devalued over other stats, but I just have a hard time reconciling Mastery being our go-to.
Lùffý

Unread postby Lùffý Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:14 am

For me its the same. Both Raidbots and Simcraft tells me go-to is Mastery > Vers ....

Here is my Raidbot-SIm: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... Cr7KWuAyx7
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 am

For me its the same. Both Raidbots and Simcraft tells me go-to is Mastery > Vers ....

Luffy, check the report details in your screenshot, you simmed a heavy movement on a 2 target fight for some reason??

Mastery is always very high value as soon as more that 1 target is introduced due to the jump in auto spreading ignite value.

That being said, here is my report Image

While not top, mastery is still very close in a pure ST encounter. At higher mastery levels, the ignite dot can get extremely large during FS + combustion openers so it's never a bad thing to have mastery, it's simply a little bit worse than the other 2 for me.
Asturas

Unread postby Asturas Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 am

Luffy, check the report details in your screenshot, you simmed a heavy movement on a 2 target fight for some reason??

Mastery is always very high value as soon as more that 1 target is introduced due to the jump in auto spreading ignite value.

That being said, here is my report Image

While not top, mastery is still very close in a pure ST encounter. At higher mastery levels, the ignite dot can get extremely large during FS + combustion openers so it's never a bad thing to have mastery, it's simply a little bit worse than the other 2 for me.
Thats interesting...you use RoP over MI in pure ST? How come?
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am

i have the same as Ez above.. Versa is highest for me too for ST

As for RoP it sims higher when having terror from below trinket equiped (the other is medallion). When I swap terrror with whispers in the dark MI sims higher
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Before I actually got my Medallion & Terror, mastery was consistently simming as my best stat for patchwork single target. I think the T20 4pc has increased it's value somewhat.
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:23 pm

For me, mastery is even higher placed than Ezekiolyo. Although overall his numbers seem higher by a bit for individual stats, not sure why.

Not sure what will happen with T21/Combustion super emphasis but it will interesting.
Apark2241

Unread postby Apark2241 Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:47 am

Apparently I can't attach a screenshot because it's too large haha . But my weights are haste 20.45 , mastery 20.39 on a pure ST patchwork fight using incanters flow
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 am

Thats interesting...you use RoP over MI in pure ST? How come?
What type of sim are you running and is it updated? I can see why whispers would up MI damage but TSM/4p should push RoP way higher.
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm currently at 929 ilvl with 4 T-20, bracers/belt legendary's, 46% Crit, 21% Haste, 20% Mastery, 8% Vers, and this is what i get for single target stat weights. All relatively even aside from Crit slightly lower and Int at the bottom.
mastery comparo.JPG
BattleDonkey93

Unread postby BattleDonkey93 Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 am

All of my stats are pretty balanced as far as stat weights are concerned, at least with bracers/shard

with the belt, the story changes a lot, with haste being by far the best stat.

Bracers/Belt: Image

Bracers/Shard: Image
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Mastery and Vers should be pretty close on single target. 533/% for mastery, and 450/% for vers - they both do pretty much the same thing on ST. That 1% for ignite is going to be scaled by 16% for the ignite trait - so it ends up being ~460rating/% for ignite vs 450/% for vers. Unless there is something added into the sim to disproportionately benefit from Vers or Mastery (say, MI, which gains 0 from mastery here), they should be close.

Return to “Fire”