Conflagration on M+

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Unbearable

Conflagration on M+

Unread postby Unbearable Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello dear Altered Time community,

I have a little question to make, As I came back to Fire mage and m+ farming I have been wondering of way to min max my aoe output.
The question itself is if we're runing with Conflag talent after we drop down all of our PF/ FB, do we tab fireball target to get the dot ticking, on more targets, does it increase the chance for explosion proc, or do we lose too much damage while not stacking ignite?
tulioo

Re: Conflagration on M+

Unread postby tulioo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:05 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure why you would even run Conflag these days. The damage is laughably low, and scales insanely bad. So to answer you question, no it's not worth swapping targets to apply it. You only need roughly 2-3 fireballs for the ignite on one target to outdamage conflag, which in turn spreads and increasse your aoe dps unless you get insane proccs with the conflag 10%.
Unbearable

Unread postby Unbearable Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, I run conflag because it does dmg similar to best trinkets, and other talents seems to not benefit me enought on m+ as (pyromaniac is easy to munch and targets drop too fast for firestarter).

Cathedral 18

Lower Kara 17
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello dear Altered Time community,

I have a little question to make, As I came back to Fire mage and m+ farming I have been wondering of way to min max my aoe output.
The question itself is if we're runing with Conflag talent after we drop down all of our PF/ FB, do we tab fireball target to get the dot ticking, on more targets, does it increase the chance for explosion proc, or do we lose too much damage while not stacking ignite?
You don't need to care about the conflag dot itself, it does pretty much nothing. You also don't need to apply it to multiple targets because conflag makes your IGNITE also flare up which is spread automatically to every target close by.
alpacapacino

Unread postby alpacapacino Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm

question is why wouldn't you run conflag in mythic +? While you don't worry about the dot, that's a non issue. Firestarter is dog shit for M+ and pyromaniac has never been practical to use since day 1 of legion.

Edit: if you want to min/max aoe then mastery is your answer. You should be gear swapping in M+ anyway. So one set for mastery/aoe trinkets and then a second set with more haste and ST trinkets.
Calinka

Unread postby Calinka Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 pm

question is why wouldn't you run conflag in mythic +? While you don't worry about the dot, that's a non issue. Firestarter is dog shit for M+ and pyromaniac has never been practical to use since day 1 of legion.

Edit: if you want to min/max aoe then mastery is your answer. You should be gear swapping in M+ anyway. So one set for mastery/aoe trinkets and then a second set with more haste and ST trinkets.
actually in high m+ instances with tyranical i wouldnt call Firestarter dog shit. Always depends on the affixes of the current week

Return to “Fire”