Contained Infernal Core vs. Koralon's Burning Touch

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Igniatus

Contained Infernal Core vs. Koralon's Burning Touch

Unread postby Igniatus Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi, so I just got my last legendary which is the Contained Infernal Core and I was shocked when I simmed myself that bracers + shoulders were simming higher than bracers + belt, it sims about 10k higher.

Is there a reason for this as I thought the shoulders were worse than shard and waist after nerf.

Thanks in advance,

Igniatus
Canonic

Re: Contained Infernal Core vs. Koralon's Burning Touch

Unread postby Canonic Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 pm

I would check your sim. Number of enemies and possibly talents might be incorrect if you're looking to sim ST.
Igniatus

Unread postby Igniatus Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Resimmed and I got the same results with CIC simming higher than KBT with optimal single target talents and 1 raid boss option.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 pm

If you are running a crit haste build, it is very likely that they will outperform the belt in sims. High crit is very beneficial when running with the shoulders. Both from you generating more hot streaks, therefore more pyros, but also because the meteor is more likely to crit when it does trigger.

The legendary sims, i believe, are ran using the T20 Mythic template from Simcraft, which is a gear set with low crit as it benefits both firestarter and koralons more leading to a higher dps output.
Igniatus

Unread postby Igniatus Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:04 am

Thanks for the explanition, that actually makes sense since im heavy and crit and haste( got the curator ring 930 and the sisters ring 930 so that helps alot).

I was thinking because they sim so close to eachother I'd want to run shoulders for rekilling on mythic and for progress the belt.

Return to “Fire”