How much versatility is too much?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Tyrannosaur

How much versatility is too much?

Unread postby Tyrannosaur Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:23 am

So I have done some sims on myself and read the guides here. They all say the same thing, that versatility is now the dominant stat for fire.

I have been playing fire mage since the beginning of WoW and fire has always preferred crit over all other stats. Now with the tier bonuses, crit has almost become out worst stat, which is a sad time.

I've swapped out pieces of gear to up my versatility, but at what point should i stop? I've managed to get to 19% vers, with 21% mastery, 19% haste and 32% crit. Have i gimped my crit too much by stacking vers, or is that more desirable?

Here's my armory to see my gear https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... yrannosaur

Opinions/thoughts are welcome. If any more info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks for reading.
Syana

Re: How much versatility is too much?

Unread postby Syana Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Did you re-sim after putting on all that vers gear?
Fire stat weights are currently a balancing act. So it is important to find the right balance for your current gear and keep re-siming yourself. Currently, it looks like you should drop some vers in favor of a bit more haste.

And I really do hope they take a look at fire mages in 7.3 so that crit is once again our most valuable stat as that is the most fun part of the spec to me.

Return to “Fire”