Sim techniques

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Sosaria

Sim techniques

Unread postby Sosaria Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:45 am

Hi all,

Fire Mage here.

Recently got back into WoW... and I'm finding that stat weights, tier sets and gear options are all over the place. I mean, back at Legion launch we probably had a target crit chance to aim for before dumping everything into other stats.

Now, I'm fairly confused with how to actually sim for best results. I use both AMR and Raidbots.

1. Should I sim everytime I change ONE piece of gear? And having said that...

2. What happens if I sim, and it says Crit is my highest weight (pre-T20 here).... then I put on a crit trinket, and now it says Haste is my highest stat.... then when I replace another gear with haste gear.... it sims differently again and says my Crit is my highest weight again? It's like a LOOP.

Or is there a guideline on gearing/simming such as... always start with gear that gives highest int, or always gear towards highest dps numbers that AMR or Raidbots show (regardless of weights)?

Specifically with my toon, I currently have Bindings of the Sun King, no T19 or T20 gear, and Darkli's helm. Will be working for Koralon's Belt and getting T20 gear hopefully soon.

Any advice highly appreciated!!
Katsumi

Re: Sim techniques

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 am

1. Yes.

2. If your weights start flipping (for given talents and legendaries) it means you're optimized. In that case pick whatever you feel like playing.

Fire weights are indeed all over the place, you're not alone with the issue. Switching a single talent (Firestarter vs. Conflagration, LB vs. FP, Meteor vs. Kindling) or switching a single legendary can lead to entirely different stat weight orders. Basically, if you're raiding on Mythic difficulty you want to optimize your gear for each individual boss depending on the talents and legendaries you're taking. In M+ you have to settle for a somewhat "second-best" overall talent setup and then build your AOE and ST gear around it.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 pm

You mentioned the loop thingy, when that happens just compare the 2 sims and play whatever give you highest dps :)
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:53 am

Both of you guys are AWESOME thanks!!!!!

Return to “Fire”