Question about simcraft apl

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Idiotbox

Question about simcraft apl

Unread postby Idiotbox Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Keep in mind that i am by no means an expert with simcraft, so i may be completely misunderstanding something obvious about this. I just have a question about the apl and i would like to clarify something.

actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=buff.pyroblast.up&buff.heating_up.down&!action.fireball.in_flight

Can someone explain to me if that is telling me that i'm supposed to be using IB at the end of a fireball cast while i have a pyro proc and i do not have a HU proc?

I feel like i'm missing out on something because i know that i'm not supposed to be using IB like that...

Thanks for the read ^.^
skiz

Re: Question about simcraft apl

Unread postby skiz Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Well you get it wrong. Correctly: Cast IB if Proccs as described, no fireball inflight and you did not cast a fireball the global before.

There are some situations where this may happen:
A) Heating up procc, fireball cast (crit), living bomb cast. Once LB is done, you may have exactly that situation.
B) Pyroblast procc and heating up procc: fireball cast, pyro cast. Just one of them crit -> Pyroblast procc, no heating up and you have the situation described
Last edited by skiz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 pm

You read it correctly. Reasoning is pretty simple, with 4pc you get a guaranteed pyroblast crit from pyro, so using IB in the above scenario, will get you 2 pyros at the cost of 1 IB usage.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Idiotbox

Unread postby Idiotbox Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm

i'm still extremely confused (actually more so than before)

the way i described what i thought the apl was describing is as follows:

I'm casting a fireball while i have a pyro proc ready, but no HU proc. It seems like this is telling me to cast IB at the end of said fireball (when i have a pyro proc and no HU proc)

this would not give me 2 pyros in any way...

if i were to do it like this then no matter what happens the IB would give me a HU proc right as the fireball cast finishes and then the fireball would hit and munch the HU proc that i just gained. I would be left with just a pyro proc and the 4 pc buff at the end of doing all of this.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:12 pm

No, what this does is cast inferno blast when there is NO fireball in_flight to the target. (So there's no fireball going to hit the boss at all)

So, imagine this scenario:

You got a heating up proc, and a fireball in flight to the boss.
You refresh living bomb. Meanwhile fireball hits and crits, and it gives you a pyroblast proc.
So you just casted living bomb, so there's no fireball in the air, and you have a pyro proc.

The above APL line then says: cast inferno blast. This will give you a pyroblast!+heating up proc+4pc proc. So your next pyro is a guaranteed crit, and it will give you a new pyro so you get heating up.

The confusion probably comes from this: "&!action.fireball.in_flight"

The "!" stands for "not", so, when fireball is NOT in flight.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Idiotbox

Unread postby Idiotbox Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Now it all makes sense =D

Sorry for not understanding the apl (i did say that i'm not an expert with simcraft XD)

Return to “Fire”