Legendary choices

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
z0nkey

Legendary choices

Unread postby z0nkey Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:29 am

Was looking over Ezekielyo's guide since getting my latest Lego.

In terms of lego priority it shows the belt (which I have) and shard as top choices aside from the bracers which I still don't have, but yet when I sim myself it's saying to use the lego shoulder's instead of shard, even though in the guide it states that shard is superior. Is this dependent on the gear that I would be using otherwise and it scales it in according to that? I have ilvl 900 tier 20 shoulders in place of lego shoulders, and I would be replacing my 915 ring with shard.
Xinder

Re: Legendary choices

Unread postby Xinder Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:52 am

In terms of lego priority it shows the belt (which I have) and shard as top choices aside from the bracers which I still don't have, but yet when I sim myself it's saying to use the lego shoulder's instead of shard, even though in the guide it states that shard is superior. Is this dependent on the gear that I would be using otherwise and it scales it in according to that? I have ilvl 900 tier 20 shoulders in place of lego shoulders, and I would be replacing my 915 ring with shard.
Too much crit. If you lower your crit and raise your haste you can probably get belt and shard to be better. I had a similar prob when I got the shoulders.
z0nkey

Unread postby z0nkey Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 am

Too much crit. If you lower your crit and raise your haste you can probably get belt and shard to be better. I had a similar prob when I got the shoulders.
I currently have 40% crit... that too high?
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am

How did you get to this conclusion? The shoulders should increase the value of Haste, not lower it.

I'd also suggest you follow a different approach. First you might want to select your talents, then your legendaries (based on what you need for the fight), then your set bonuses and only after that you'd start to optimize your stats around this selection. Try to make the big choices before you move on to make the small ones.

By the way, in the process you can get all sorts of weird results. Stat priority orders change frequently and even anomalies can happen. Just yesterday I simmed an M+ AOE build with Conflag, ROP, AF, LB, Kindling / Gloves, Head / T20-4pc for 5 targets Patchwork 10 minutes and got a negative stat weight of -27 for haste. Haven't yet figured out why.
z0nkey

Unread postby z0nkey Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 pm

How did you get to this conclusion? The shoulders should increase the value of Haste, not lower it.

I'd also suggest you follow a different approach. First you might want to select your talents, then your legendaries (based on what you need for the fight), then your set bonuses and only after that you'd start to optimize your stats around this selection. Try to make the big choices before you move on to make the small ones.

By the way, in the process you can get all sorts of weird results. Stat priority orders change frequently and even anomalies can happen. Just yesterday I simmed an M+ AOE build with Conflag, ROP, AF, LB, Kindling / Gloves, Head / T20-4pc for 5 targets Patchwork 10 minutes and got a negative stat weight of -27 for haste. Haven't yet figured out why.
I have selected my talents, and my lego selection is minimal as I've only been 110 for about a month. My choices are belt, shoulders, or shard. I have optimized every other area and have different builds for different fights/raids etc. I'm more so curious when shard become superior, as someone else stated I have too much crit. Is 40% considered too much for shard?
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm

If the sim says shoulders are better for you then bracers then that's the case. The standard sims are run with a basic mythic t20 profile, your stats could well be very different from it adjusting the power of the legendaries as well.

Your safest best is to just go off what the sim says.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 am

Found the reason for the negative haste: seems I go oom. Sorry for straying off topic a little. Here's the sim:

https://www.raidbots.com/reports/nd383 ... index.html
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Found the reason for the negative haste: seems I go oom. Sorry for straying off topic a little. Here's the sim:

https://www.raidbots.com/reports/nd383 ... index.html
To your question on why high crit values shoulders. I got the answer from Ezeke when I asked him about a sim of mine that was valuing shoulders/lust ring over the belt/lust ring before I had bracers.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am

Good to know, but do you know why that's the case? While more haste would help to get our more faster fireballs, more crit would mean you'd need to cast fewer of them due to the hot streak pyros you generate. Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Fire”