7.3 Fire Mage CRIT HASTE build

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Edlh

Re: 7.3 Fire Mage CRIT HASTE build

Unread postby Edlh Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm

I dont use firestarter in this build. You combust at start, so you dont need it. I use pyromaniac all the time. Its not this bad, sometimes it proc 3/4 times in a row which is a huge aoe boost. Also combustion convert crit to mastery, so no, its not a big waste.

+
Mastery and vers are just damage increases to be honest thats why you cap the crit-haste and then you go for mastery-vers after , mastery is just insane ,that sweet ignite with the high crit which makes you have a good ignite all the time
in non crit build if your not lucky enough, your iginite is a joke between combustions
Here we are talking about a critical based build btw.

Hello there , seen's you linked my logs i found it the best that i give you some info about it aswell:D
First of all i didnt expect my logs would be linked like this anywhere , so thanks for that.
It was also hard for me to find any info on this build on the forums cause all the mage where playing frost and the ones that play fire are using the belt(now some switch to the ring) so i invented this stat ratio that works for me out of practice.
About raidbots , wouldnt know i never used it.
First il tell you what stat ratio i use and then il go over why i use that amount.

Crit at 56% - 58% Max
Haste 25% - 28% Max
Then all the way mastery and in the case that you cant find mastery gear then use vers , but mastery is BIS for after you reach this crit-haste i mentioned above.

Now about critical , the amount is not steady and what i mean by that is that for me thats what it feels like a good amount to have to be able to have a 2/3 fireball crit ratio which help a lot putting out your rotation , also critical helps on the hardcast pyroblast a lot ,cause when it crits its game over:D
I would suggest playing with 50-58% crit and checking what you feel is best to be able to put out the rotation and get the criticals you need to be able to move and dps on the run , cause we all know its all about the RNG baby.
Also be careful about putting to much critical also cause like i said reducing the amount of non crit pyroblasts and fireballs is amazingly good but if you over do it on crit you dont gain anything at all , just find that sweet spot where you feel like your pyro-fireball is criting enough for you to get the rotation out.

About haste , here its always good to have 25% + haste so you reduce that GCG on spells which helps a lot when you burst with combustion , it helps with getting fireball out faster and to reduce the CD on fireblast , haste is more reliable and should be always above 25% or 24% even but dont go above 28% for now.

Mastery and vers are just damage increases to be honest thats why you cap the crit-haste and then you go for mastery-vers after , mastery is just insane ,that sweet ignite with the high crit which makes you have a good ignite all the time

Thats all , if you have any more question let me know , and btw this is always a build with Wrist-timewarp ring for legendarys.
First of all, you are pulling great numbers with this build man, congratulations. Secondly, I would love to know how your opener looks, what i mean is that when i saw your logs, i noticed you start with combustion and burning all the instant casts, am I wrong? I am not a logs guy so i could be wrong, i dont get much how to read those timelines and such with the logs so would love some help. I am transitioning from frost to fire (honestly because Im really bored of frost, dont really find it fun and i want to swap to fire since it was always fun for me) and would love some insights such as (for example) when to start the first combustion and when to activate the owl trinket with kindling since it makes a cd gap between the trinket and combustion itself.

Thanks in advance for reading! See ya!
Lets start with opener from 100% till 92% (92% just to be safe cause some bosses drop extremely fast) you precast pyroblast at 4 seconds of the DBM Pull timer , then start casting fireball and also at the same time hit a fireblast, now you have a fireball in the que and an instant pyoblast ready ,now with them use 2x pyroblast then fireblast , and now depending on how fast the boss HP is going you may want to save up some fireblasts , or if you know the boss will go down really slow then just do that opener and after your through with the 2x pyroblast then do fireblast/pyro combo 3 times , but at 92% you should have a wrist proc ready (if lucky) and a heating up ready plus 2x fireblasts saved up , then fireball and press pyroblast , now you have a hard cast pyro and a instant pyroblast ready , at that point you want to combustion around 90% of the cast on hard cast pyroblast , then just go yolo shoot all the pyroblasts you can , fireblast has prio over phoenix flames ofc so the rotation with combustion up would be something like this: hardcast pyro wrist proc with instant pyro ready at 90% of the cast you press combustion with the own trinket ( make a macro for it) and then it goes pyro/pyro/fireblast/pyro/fireblast/pyro/phoenix flames/pyro/fireblast/pyro/phoenix flames and so on.
Now if you get a proc of hardcast pyroblast you instant cast if when combustion is up , thats your major dmg , and the reason you fireblast first is cause you are trying to get that wrist proc to cast on combustion , cause phoenix flames is on the global CD and that means you waste time while you could have gotten a wrist proc faster , any second counts.
Hope this helps you out a bit English is not my native language so its a bit hard typing.
Cheers.
Nareela

Unread postby Nareela Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Lets start with opener from 100% till 92% (92% just to be safe cause some bosses drop extremely fast) you precast pyroblast at 4 seconds of the DBM Pull timer , then start casting fireball and also at the same time hit a fireblast, now you have a fireball in the que and an instant pyoblast ready ,now with them use 2x pyroblast then fireblast , and now depending on how fast the boss HP is going you may want to save up some fireblasts , or if you know the boss will go down really slow then just do that opener and after your through with the 2x pyroblast then do fireblast/pyro combo 3 times , but at 92% you should have a wrist proc ready (if lucky) and a heating up ready plus 2x fireblasts saved up , then fireball and press pyroblast , now you have a hard cast pyro and a instant pyroblast ready , at that point you want to combustion around 90% of the cast on hard cast pyroblast , then just go yolo shoot all the pyroblasts you can , fireblast has prio over phoenix flames ofc so the rotation with combustion up would be something like this: hardcast pyro wrist proc with instant pyro ready at 90% of the cast you press combustion with the own trinket ( make a macro for it) and then it goes pyro/pyro/fireblast/pyro/fireblast/pyro/phoenix flames/pyro/fireblast/pyro/phoenix flames and so on.
Now if you get a proc of hardcast pyroblast you instant cast if when combustion is up , thats your major dmg , and the reason you fireblast first is cause you are trying to get that wrist proc to cast on combustion , cause phoenix flames is on the global CD and that means you waste time while you could have gotten a wrist proc faster , any second counts.
Hope this helps you out a bit English is not my native language so its a bit hard typing.
Cheers.
Thank you very much, got some answers i was looking for.
I have only 1 more question tho, by using kindling talent, you will have like a 30/40s gap between combustions and owl trinket cds, should i just use the combustion on cd and also use the trinket on cd? Or should i rather delay the trinket use for the next combustion. Usually what i do looks like: opener...combustion+trinket.....combustion......combustion+trinket (every odd cast of combustion i will have the trinket to use, because that 30/40s cd gap kindling makes). And so on. Is it okay or should i just use the trinket on cd and not wait for combustion to align it?
Dont worry about the english, it isnt my native language either :p
Cheers!
Edlh

Unread postby Edlh Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 am

Cheers.
Thank you very much, got some answers i was looking for.
I have only 1 more question tho, by using kindling talent, you will have like a 30/40s gap between combustions and owl trinket cds, should i just use the combustion on cd and also use the trinket on cd? Or should i rather delay the trinket use for the next combustion. Usually what i do looks like: opener...combustion+trinket.....combustion......combustion+trinket (every odd cast of combustion i will have the trinket to use, because that 30/40s cd gap kindling makes). And so on. Is it okay or should i just use the trinket on cd and not wait for combustion to align it?
Dont worry about the english, it isnt my native language either :p
Cheers!
The first time you use the trinket with combustion ,then combustion comes off CD first and you use it , and then you wait for combustion again to be off CD to use the Owl trinket again with kindling:D
Nareela

Unread postby Nareela Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:55 pm

The first time you use the trinket with combustion ,then combustion comes off CD first and you use it , and then you wait for combustion again to be off CD to use the Owl trinket again with kindling:D
Thank you very much! Will put in into practice :)
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Time to get back to Emerald Nightmare.. it feels so weird to save your on use trinket but it is always worth it when running Kindling.
Kvothe

Unread postby Kvothe Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 am

Does anyone know if these stat points changed for Antorus, the Burning Throne?
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:15 am

Does anyone know if these stat points changed for Antorus, the Burning Throne?
Sim yourself. If you run Bracers/Shard/Kindling it'll favor more crit. If you run Firestarter/Bracers/Belt/Kindling or Meteor it may favor mastery a little bit more. If you have 4p T21 it may favor crit and haste more. If you have 4p T20 it may not effect stats any specific fashion.

If you cannot get 2 lusts in a fight, it's recommended to run Bracers + Belt/Shoulders/Gloves. Use Raidbots.com or simc to get your statweights.

Return to “Fire”