7.3.5 build

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Canonic

7.3.5 build

Unread postby Canonic Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Good morning,

So I'm seeing people say we need to start building crit for Antorus. Where is this information coming from? Is there a post explaining the reasoning, etc.?

Plus... damn, spent all this time getting rid of crit 😛
Makz

Re: 7.3.5 build

Unread postby Makz Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Keep all gear you acquire around a reasonable ilevel. I am 942/945 but have tons of rings/offpieces/main pieces/set mostly from 930 and above, 925 for jewelry, so that you ALWAYS have flexibility.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Ya, I understand that, but I was asking where the information was coming from or if there was a post anyone could reference.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Ya, I understand that, but I was asking where the information was coming from or if there was a post anyone could reference.
It's probably coming from the thought of us running gloves/bracers with kindling in Antorus, which is a build that heavily favors crit/haste.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 am

It's probably coming from the thought of us running gloves/bracers with kindling in Antorus, which is a build that heavily favors crit/haste.
We're probably also not going to be running firestarter, which means 2 of our biggest source of automatic crit will be gone.
Mortos

Unread postby Mortos Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:38 am

We're probably also not going to be running firestarter, which means 2 of our biggest source of automatic crit will be gone.
Why do you think we will not be speccing Firestarter?
The Gloves instead of Waist I know and understand
but why do you think Firestarter on Mythic Raids will not be the go to?
Cinderquill

Unread postby Cinderquill Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Firestarter will most definitely still be used. Mainly due to conflag being no where near strong enough to compete and pyromaniac still being clunky.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 am

Not the one you replied to, but it may have something to do with the fact you will also be running Kindling with the gloves? I can see that Kindling and the gloves are basically useless the first 10% of a fight when you run Firestarter. It is the same reason why if you need mobility in the final phase (like Avatar) you would never use belt/gloves because again, Kindling and the gloves lose a lot of value when combined with the belt.

I have not ran any numbers to be sure which side of this view is correct. So this is just theorizing.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:11 am

Not the one you replied to, but it may have something to do with the fact you will also be running Kindling with the gloves? I can see that Kindling and the gloves are basically useless the first 10% of a fight when you run Firestarter. It is the same reason why if you need mobility in the final phase (like Avatar) you would never use belt/gloves because again, Kindling and the gloves lose a lot of value when combined with the belt.

I have not ran any numbers to be sure which side of this view is correct. So this is just theorizing.
Firestarter would only lose its value if you end up with 1 less combustion at the end of the fight. If not, the value of getting to fish for bracer procs in the opener probably outweighs it.

A more likely reason for firestarter to lose value would be due to us not having the 4pc from our current tier in Antorus. As the new tier does nothing to benefit us during firestarter.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:30 am

Firestarter is not being used because T21 revolves around getting as much combustion uptime as possible. This means using both kindling and pyrotex gloves, and using combustion as much as possible.

It's what's simming the best in preliminary t21 sims, but I suppose that could change if the set ends up changing.

Return to “Fire”