T21 Mana issues

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
gatomon_ca

T21 Mana issues

Unread postby gatomon_ca Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question. Been hearing a lot of talk about fire mage having mana issues with the T21 set in Antoras. Was wondering if anyone could explain the why our mana use would suddenly go up?

(Going kindling right now with T20, pyrotechnic gloves and bracers don't seem to give me mana issues....)
Lahrast

Re: T21 Mana issues

Unread postby Lahrast Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 pm

there used to be problems with firemages running oom when using high haste >=30% and shard on fights >5m, experienced it only one time myself tho. mana usage during combustion is high (pyro is expensive), bracer counter that to some extend bc hc-pyro gives time to reg mana. if you run gloves and ring (which you should not) it certainly could happen, if it can with bracers.. i don't know, sounds more like a rumor to me - would be really bad tho and set an upper limit of how much haste one can stack before diverting into mastery (sooner anyway)
Syana

Unread postby Syana Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

At 13k(35%) haste, which isn't an unreasonable amount to think we will have in antorus, you will start having issues with mana when running with bracers/gloves on fights longer than 8 minutes. If you add shimmering, blazing barrier and haste procs, such as the new trinket in Antorus that procs of crits, I think it could be possible that this is an issue that could arise in Antorus, but it will probably be pretty rare.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Also.. if it happens, will Blizz just not reduce our mana costs again? They do not want Fire to be mana dependent as we have no ways to manage our mana.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:17 am

Not sure why they don't just make all our damaging abilities cost no mana. The only relevance mana has right now is to limit how often we can spellsteal. And with the exception of Warlocks and Arcane mages, and there it is kinda part of their gameplay, we are the only class that can still run into this issue.

Return to “Fire”