Fire Mage and Concordance

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
erurank1

Fire Mage and Concordance

Unread postby erurank1 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Does tracking Concordance to use a flurry of fireblasts and pheonix flames during it result in a dps loss?
- PF + Fblast > inst Pyro : Would this big no no be okay?
Falq

Re: Fire Mage and Concordance

Unread postby Falq Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Things like that will always be a DPS gain unless you sit on full stacks or miss them for Combustion or any other burst phase.
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 pm

Actually, tracking them and trying to time your spells for it is always a dps loss.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 am

Actually, tracking them and trying to time your spells for it is always a dps loss.

You are wrong.

Please explain to me how firing everything off instantly is a DPS gain over only using 1 charge of PF+FB and waiting for 10,000 extra int and then firing off everything.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 pm

You are wrong.

Please explain to me how firing everything off instantly is a DPS gain over only using 1 charge of PF+FB and waiting for 10,000 extra int and then firing off everything.
It's generally because there are more important things going on in your rotation. Seldom are you choosing between "wait around for a proc and then use spells" and "cast everything ASAP." More often it's "I'm mid rotation, spells are critting and I need to convert this HU to a HS - should I just potentially waste it while waiting for a proc, or just go ahead and convert it now without one." Due to the DPS gain of consistently converting HU to HS it generally outweighs any gain from sitting and waiting for a concordance proc since that means not converting that HU.
killtrick

Unread postby killtrick Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm

So it's a matter of consistency or Low dps... then BOOM high dps... then back to low dps.
Canonic

Unread postby Canonic Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Considering that int isn't a great stat for us anyway, it wouldn't even be a BOOM.

Anyway, perfect your rotating without trying to track concordance, that's what will improve your dps.

Return to “Fire”