About haste and mastery...

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Visvisvis

About haste and mastery...

Unread postby Visvisvis Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 am

I have %34.7 haste with %21.9 mastery (and %45 crit). I have lot of haste i think, is that a bad thing for keeping that haste? (Sorry for my poor english)
Sarat0ga

Re: About haste and mastery...

Unread postby Sarat0ga Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 am

Mastery should be much more valuable at this point than haste. I found balancing mastery and haste the most efficient for my build, but as usual it depend on talents, leg, trickets, etc... so you should sim yourself.
Visvisvis

Unread postby Visvisvis Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Mastery should be much more valuable at this point than haste. I found balancing mastery and haste the most efficient for my build, but as usual it depend on talents, leg, trickets, etc... so you should sim yourself.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... hxiAhx5yuE
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am

You're only running belt, no other legendary. Until you get bracers you're not particularly in a build meta of any sort.
Visvisvis

Unread postby Visvisvis Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

You're only running belt, no other legendary. Until you get bracers you're not particularly in a build meta of any sort.
I forgot the take the bracers soz.. I have bracer so, my stats are good for this legendary's?
Sarat0ga

Unread postby Sarat0ga Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 pm

The problem with mastery is that sim is not so good to evaluate how much dual target time we can spend in a fight, but according to your sim I would keep stacking haste as first priority and mastery as second.
Visvisvis

Unread postby Visvisvis Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 pm

The problem with mastery is that sim is not so good to evaluate how much dual target time we can spend in a fight, but according to your sim I would keep stacking haste as first priority and mastery as second.
I changed my stats again and now sim wants me to boost to mastery after that crit.
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... MqV34pXnmw

I hate my life
Rhennthyl

Unread postby Rhennthyl Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 am

It's probably a combination of obtaining T21 2piece in conjunction with Kindling and obtaining the Acrid Catalyst Injector. The T21 bonuses favors crit, especially when Kindling is taken. ACI works via spell crits, further increasing the value of crit for you. Basically, you're shifting from the T20 stat priority, which preferred haste and mastery, into the T21 stat priority, which prefers crit and mastery.
Sarat0ga

Unread postby Sarat0ga Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Indeed. A sim is made to check what is the best for your CURRENT setup. That include mostly:
Set piece
Talents
Legendary
Triquets
Other stuff.
Each time you change one of these your sim will be out of date. Change one important talent (kindling vs meteor) and you're going to screw everything out. One piece of stuff, except trickets, rings, neck and set won't change everything, but still a bit.
You also have cap, for instance with frost any sim will tell you to stack crit if you are under 33.3% and to remove it once you passe that number, so you can't have a perfect sim (that does not apply to fire yet as far as I know). That's all a question of balance.
The best for me is to check what best player use as a start. Take a look at mythique run on warcraftlogs.com try to match a few profil in the top 10, sim yourself, try suggested change, sim again until you found a balance (like one sim ask you to change a ring and next time to reverse back to the old one).

Anyway sim include RNG, all boss are different and you won't be perfect anytime, so don't forget to enjoy playing ;)

Return to “Fire”