4pc T21 -> ROP/Kindling

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Zauberdings

4pc T21 -> ROP/Kindling

Unread postby Zauberdings Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Hey guys,

im currently running very solid logs.
But im curious about the rotation of 4pc T21 with ROP and Kindling.

Do you safe your 2 charges of ROP for the Combustion phase (and use BOTH in this phase)?

In regards of combustion/ROP my rotation is kind of like:
1- ROP
2- Combustion
3- Spam
4- Recast ROP
5- Spam
6- Combustion End

When the next combustion is up, my 2 charges of ROP are ready again.

My second concern:
When the 2nd combustion phase comes up, i dont have enough FB and Phoenix to fill the whole combustion phase.
Should i safe more fb/phoenic for comb?
TouchyMcfeel

Re: 4pc T21 -> ROP/Kindling

Unread postby TouchyMcfeel Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Hey guys,

im currently running very solid logs.
But im curious about the rotation of 4pc T21 with ROP and Kindling.

Do you safe your 2 charges of ROP for the Combustion phase (and use BOTH in this phase)?

In regards of combustion/ROP my rotation is kind of like:
1- ROP
2- Combustion
3- Spam
4- Recast ROP
5- Spam
6- Combustion End

When the next combustion is up, my 2 charges of ROP are ready again.

My second concern:
When the 2nd combustion phase comes up, i dont have enough FB and Phoenix to fill the whole combustion phase.
Should i safe more fb/phoenic for comb?
Your first set of rotation looks very interesting. My only concern with that method is you're now putting all your damage in that combustion window. I would ask myself if that would keep my sustain damage up, which by the way is ignite. Crit/ haste is also huge for t21, but by going that way you also lose a lot of mastery. The only time you have a huge mastery is during combustion time again ignite your sustain damage.

Preheet of the us guild limit, also have this discussion video which my post is heavy emphasized on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnFCHblUVE

As for your second concern, I would probably manage my FB/PF better or try holding back my combustion a bit, but not so much that it hurts your damage. Especially with the way you approach it with dumping everything in combustion.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:35 am

Preheet of the us guild limit, also have this discussion video which my post is heavy emphasized on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnFCHblUVE
Haha, thank you for linking to my video. You aren't the first to be confused between the two "Preheat/Preheet" mages, but I don't play with Limit, But interestingly enough, I've been running a heavy Crit/Haste build for all of the ST encounters in Antorus and have found it to be really nice with the 4pc T21. It's nice to not have to fish for Fireball crits anymore and the damage during your down phases is a lot more sustainable. You get much more pyro-chaining outside of combustion and I personally have really been enjoying the playstyle of the heavy Crit build.

@OP, your opener doesn't seem to have any issues. Just make sure youre floating a RoP to use for your hardcasted Pyros. With Crit build, its more than likely that it's going to crit, and having a RoP down just makes it that much juicier. Generally, as far as I can tell.. Saving your 3x PF for combustion phase has been a non issue for me, but that's more than likely because I'm used to the timing of it's 3stack cooldown and Combustion+Kindling Cooldown. You generally want to avoid using PF in your down phase save heavy movement or a solid pyro chain. Definitely having them up for Combustion.
Rouze

Unread postby Rouze Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm

@OP, your opener doesn't seem to have any issues. Just make sure youre floating a RoP to use for your hardcasted Pyros. With Crit build, its more than likely that it's going to crit, and having a RoP down just makes it that much juicier. Generally, as far as I can tell.. Saving your 3x PF for combustion phase has been a non issue for me, but that's more than likely because I'm used to the timing of it's 3stack cooldown and Combustion+Kindling Cooldown. You generally want to avoid using PF in your down phase save heavy movement or a solid pyro chain. Definitely having them up for Combustion.
Are you saying I should not use both RoPs during combustion, unless I get a bracer procc?
I usually dump both RoPs in combustion and get the second one ready a few seconds into my next combustion.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Dropping both RoP's during your opener is fine, I usually drop them both regardless of procs or not.
Rouze

Unread postby Rouze Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 pm

What about subsequent combustions?
Issaru

Unread postby Issaru Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

@OP, are you using the legendary gloves with your setup? I've noticed you are far less likely to have all three charges of Phoenix Flames up if you do, so that's why I was curious. If not which legendaries are you using? The bracers I'm sure, is the other one the belt?
Zauberdings

Unread postby Zauberdings Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm

@OP, are you using the legendary gloves with your setup? I've noticed you are far less likely to have all three charges of Phoenix Flames up if you do, so that's why I was curious. If not which legendaries are you using? The bracers I'm sure, is the other one the belt?
Thinks kinda changed since yesterday. I was running Shoulders and Belt.

Now im using shard and went to IF - just because of laziness.

I still think that ROP is better (hence it sims better). But i just didnt get into the rythm with it.

In general:
In the past i was running a Firestarter combo of: Pyro, FS, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro. So just weaving between insta pyro and hardcast FB.
But this doesnt work very well.
Now while in Firestarter phase i use more FS and Phoenix. Just to fill more spells in. Even hardcasting Pyro (which i didnt before).

But i guess you need enough haste for that. I finnish my Firestarter phase with about 2 Phoenix and 2 FS charges. Perfectly fine for the combustion phase.

Return to “Fire”