Not a fan of Tier 21

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Issaru

Not a fan of Tier 21

Unread postby Issaru Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:52 am

I've never been the highest DPS in the group, but just today I was able to switch to my Tier 21 4 set + Pyrotex Ignition Cloth Legendary gloves. Switch talents to RoP and Kindling. I fought Argus, and was barely able to pull 1 million DPS, like, I barely tapped it. I only had about 1 minute or less between Combustion times. Never had that problem with my Tier 20 set bonus. I've seen a lot of people suggest Tier 21 is weaker than Tier 20, and I'm inclined to agree. I do hope they give that 4 set bonus a bit of a buff, because it would suck to have to stick with Tier 21 as it is right now until the next expansion.
gatomon_ca

Re: Not a fan of Tier 21

Unread postby gatomon_ca Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

From my experience so far. T21 set bonus was a dps loss for me.

One reason definitely I still got to get used to mechanics. But that 10% increase is terrible compared to t20
Rouze

Unread postby Rouze Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I wouldn't recommend using the gloves, your combustions may be more frequent, but they're not as potent, since you start most of them without enough Fire Blast + PF stacks.
Try getting more crit, so you can reduce the time between combustions using Kindling alone.

The only thing getting me to play t21 is the itemlevel anyway - it's kind of disappointing.
What annoys me the most is that they nerfed combustion, saying they don't want fire to be as burst-centric as it was and then they introduce a 4p bonus that somewhat reverts that nerf.
Issaru

Unread postby Issaru Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah I'll have to keep messing with it to see if there's a way to get it to work well. Currently my default is 57% crit.

At least on paper 10% damage during combustion certainly doesn't seem as good as a constant 10% bonus at most times from tier 20.

Return to “Fire”