Double meteor truck with shoulders?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Apark2241

Double meteor truck with shoulders?

Unread postby Apark2241 Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Anyone know what this is or how it works? Saw dylemma mention it in a video title.
Makz

Re: Double meteor truck with shoulders?

Unread postby Makz Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm

It was mentioned previously here - you need to get to 29 stacks of the buff and have a hot streak active. You shoot out the fireball and pyro at the same time(I believe around 20-25yards was the best range) and your shoulders proc twice, so 2 meteors fall down.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
DeusInvictus7

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:02 am

Yep, basically what Makz said. To add to it though, if you are in melee range, you can actually hard cast a pyro (ideally with bracer proc) with a Hot Streak active, and pyro pryo to achieve the same effect as the previously mentioned fireball pyro combo.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Will schoulder be bis with this ? Like pulling it off doesnt seem that hard for the people that have skills? I assume people start complaining again and be like o i cant pull this trick of nerf it
DeusInvictus7

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Will schoulder be bis with this ? Like pulling it off doesnt seem that hard for the people that have skills? I assume people start complaining again and be like o i cant pull this trick of nerf it
Probably not, there's not many fights where you can just stand still and fireball and pyro all day. Vari is probably the only fight this can work on since there's such little movement. Belt, ring and even gloves IMO are better for usefulness.
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:06 pm

There is also minimum range of 18 yards for the fireball + pyro flight times to sync. The pyro+pyro melee range i was unaware of but makes perfect sense.
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

this seems like a glitch or bug with the item in my opinion. sounds fishy
DeusInvictus7

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:03 pm

this seems like a glitch or bug with the item in my opinion. sounds fishy
It’s not a glitch at all, since even without trying to do it, you can achieve this effect. If you happen to naturally get 29 stacks and then cast a fireball pyro (like you normally would as a fire mage) at 20+ yards, the two casts cause the effect without doing anything given that the fireball pyro were casted at the same time (within a certain latency frame)

There’s just ways to make it happen each and every time you have 29 stacks.

This is the fire mage version of double ice lance. Not a glitch, just taking advantage of game mechanics to squeeze out extra damage.

Return to “Fire”