T21 4pc Help

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Magishin

T21 4pc Help

Unread postby Magishin Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:33 am

Hey guys,

So I finally got my 4 piece last night and have read that it changes thing quite a lot. Main thing I have done is switch to RoP.

First question, outside of combustion where does everyone use their other charge of RoP? I've only done a couple bosses since getting 4pc but I was trying out using it during the start of my Firestarter phase like so:

Pyro > PF > RoP > FB > Pyro > FB > Pyro and so on.

Once Firestarter phase is over I'll go into combustion with my other charge. Is this wrong, should I be using both charges during Combustion? I don't have any pre-ignite relics yet so my combustion isn't long enough for both.

Second question is stats. I read that with 4pc you should switch over and stack crit. To test this I changed my ring enchants to crit and saw a small loss in dps.

Third and last question, I saw a video a while a go (by Kyle I think) and he said that with 4pc you should run Confligeration and gloves lego. Is this true or maybe later on once I have gotten my pre ignite relics etc?

Thanks!
Zauberdings

Re: T21 4pc Help

Unread postby Zauberdings Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Welcome to 4t21. Welcome to changing your whole equip and playstyle :D

About ROP: Use your "between combustion phase ROP" when bracers proc. If not, save it for the next combustion phase so you got 2 ROP for Combustion.
I gave up the 30.000 simdps gain and went for IF. Just because im too lazy to place ROP.

About Stats: Stack up on as much Crit as you can. You WILL need a lot more than 4t20. Like for me going up from 45ish to 55ish wasnt enough. Im now at roughly 68% crit.
This changed the whole playstyle and timings again. Since you get more combusion phase(s) and more phoenix.

About Conflag: The thing is not that you "should run....". Its more like: Now you CAN run Confl/Pyro instead of Firestarter.
For example my sims for single target 6 min fight.

So PURE single Target pyromaniac is better than firestarter (with my equip). BUT remember: This counts only a really small error% in. Meaning in the pyromaniacs sim it estimates that you use 90%ish of all Pyromaniacs procs.
ALSO this is only single target. Even with only one or two adds, conflag becomes much stronger.

So:
1) If you go purely ST AND got great reaction: Pyromaniacs.
2) If you go purely ST AND LACK reactions: Firestarter
3) If you need cleave: Conflag

4) If you dont want to care about shit: Conflag/Firestarter.
Magishin

Unread postby Magishin Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks for that Zauberdings!

Yeah I forgot to mention that outside of Firestarter phase and Combustion I was generally using my other RoP charge for bracer procs. Looks like I have some crit to get, sitting at around 52% right now.

I was the same with the whole RoP/IF thing, I generally just went IF even though RoP simmed a little higher because IF is just easier but now with T21 I feel like I should be trying to get as much damage out of each Combustion.

I'll sim Pyromaniac and Conflag now and see what comes out and go from there.
Magishin

Unread postby Magishin Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:55 am

Firestarter still simming about 25k higher for me at the moment.
Fosforos

Unread postby Fosforos Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello,
I also got my T21 4p, and I'm a bit confused concerning the crit weight. From this forum I can read that I should increase my crit as much as possible but simcraft tells me mastery is still more valuable to me although I'm only at 40% crit (18% haste and 28% mastery). I use firestarter and incanters Flow.
Should I build crit or follow my sim recommendation?
Thanks
lopstar

Unread postby lopstar Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Firestarter is smart to use on some fights even though pyromaniacs simming higher on ST.
especially if you have beacon trinket cause u wanna use it together with combustion. The reason is that boss needs to get moved to certain places before u pop all your things.

Otherwise pyro/firestarter is pretty even and it depends on how much dps the group has. On normal/heroic pyro will be better in most cases, cause from 100-90% is pretty fast. In mythic it's different.

For the main question ROP. I'm getting 2 ROP's into my first combustion. Third ROP i use for Bracer procc, and then saving fourth ROP for second combustion again.
Crit is BIG, very big. I have 62% atm and crit is still strongest stat on ST.
Legendaries : Bracers, waist , ring , gloves. - Depends on the fight and your trinkets.

Return to “Fire”