The Gist of T21 in Antorus

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Elderberry

The Gist of T21 in Antorus

Unread postby Elderberry Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Hello all. Recently got 4pc and some passable relics. ilvl is 952.

Just wanted to start a thread that outlines in a casual way the general "gist" of what we are all finding success with right now. I know there is the awesome forum guide and we can always sim ourselves, but I wanted to just see with what builds or breakpoints we are all finding success right now. Many of us are pretty geared up but still looking for those crucial upgrades. Good time to start looking at trends.

Once we have 4pc and lets just say an ilvl around 950, for Antorus...

Build Trends:

1) pre-ignited relics + kindling + T21 bonuses + bracers/gloves for MT fights or maybe even some ST fights. Perhaps not a total max dps build but fun and shines when there is an add or multiple adds. Many, many, long combustions.

2) Roughly speaking, reverting back to Crit/Haste build. Crit is 55%-65%, Haste is 22%-28% and then stacking as much mastery and then versa afterwards. I might be wrong here but it seems like people are split on whether or not this justifies dropping Firestarter for Pyromaniac/Conflag. The ignite build-up is so massive with firestarter that it seems it takes those of us with crit on the higher end (in the 60s) to choose another talent. Or its just a preference call. It seems ROP is the way of the world for this build unless the skill isn't there, stick to Incantor's Flow.

3) Bracers/shoulders while performing the double meteor trick seems viable for ST fights as exemplified by Dylemma. Thoughts?

4) What say you? What is your preferred build?

It seems there are many routes to go right now, for better and for worse. Maybe more than ever in Legion, our builds come down to preference, but also for those min/max'ers out there, what can the aspiring fire mage aim for to be most competitive on the charts. Cheers all,
DeusInvictus7

Re: The Gist of T21 in Antorus

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Fire can go so many different ways right now, but out of the 4 gear sets I have (gloves, ring, belt, shoulders) I enjoy gloves the most.

Having 17-18 second combustions every minute is a lot of fun, and if you get good rng with bracer procs and pyromaniac, it does a lot of damage. On the other side of the coin though, if you have bad procs...this setup (pyromaniac, gloves) does literally no damage and it feels really bad.

I was looking at my sims of the 4 sets above, and gloves actually averages the worst, but it’s maximum (very unlikely to achieve it, but interesting regardless) is the highest out of all the sets, even bracers+ring, which averages the highest.
z0nkey

Re: The Gist of T21 in Antorus

Unread postby z0nkey Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 pm

I prefer a more crit/haste friendly build as I am able to pump out more spells which increases chances of bracer procs which will of course help my overall ignite and dps in general.

The only time I favor mastery is when there is a more cleave/aoe friendly fight which is when I will aim for more mastery instead of haste.

I don't think double meteor is or will be viable in the future. I believe it's something fun to play around with but requires too much coordination especially once you are doing mythic raiding - it may work in normal & some heroic fights, but I still doubt it would be favored over belt/ring.

Return to “Fire”