Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
thomasbrezina

Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Unread postby thomasbrezina Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Hello fellow Mages,

So I am playing a Fire Mage and I am hardcore underperforming and I am not sure why... Can anyone tell me perhaps what I could do better?

I would really really appreciate it since I am very eager to learn!

Also, I was pretty unlucky with legendaries... I have:

Belt,
Ring of the Archmage,
Shoulders,
Belo'virs
and the Legendary from the Argus Quest

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Qx ... &source=19
gatomon_ca

Re: Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Unread postby gatomon_ca Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 am

Your leggos aren't too bad. Don't use soul of archmage. Use shoulders and belt. According to Sims shoulder is simming pretty high this tier.

Use firestarter - acts like mini combustion between 90-100% health.

Use unstable magic - don't use living bomb on Argus fight. Living bomb is good when u got adds clustered together so it cam spread. Ie fights like portal keeper, eonar and high command.

Use flame on. Don't use alexatraza fury unless u got helmet...

Get rid of meteor. With 4pc, u want to go kindling. The 4pc is really strong when u can utilize combustion more. Kindling will decrease combustion coolddown. U should be able to fit 4 combustions in that fight. Is a dps gain the more u can combustion.

U r munching your heating up procs.... Utilize fire blast more when u got heating up. Don't waste heating up procs. Heating up = hot streaks = instant pyro = more dps.

U also aren't using Phoenix flames enough. U get heating up proc, but u do nothing with that proc. Is a dps loss..... Don't let Phoenix flames stack to 3. That fight u could if had 4 extra hot streaks and 4 extra instant pyros. U wasted 4 heating up procs....

Cancelled casts. Never cancel unless u really have to. Use dbm timers to help u anticipate movement and casting spells.

Make sure u got all your enchants on your gear. Ie your cloak

This tier with kindling, it favours u stack critical. The more u critical off combustion, the faster u can combustion again due to decrease Cd time. Sims show best critical this tier around 55-60% and haste between 22-28% then mastery.

Sim yourself always when u got new gear.

Return to “Fire”