Mythic Dogs and Bracers

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Nerdcommando

Mythic Dogs and Bracers

Unread postby Nerdcommando Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey Team,

Thank you for taking the time to read and double thanks to all of you who add to the conversation.

I am struggling with hard casting Pyro on this fight. It feels like I am losing between 20 and 50 % of them depending on the pull (that number is an estimate of what I feel not based on logs).

What are you guys doing? Just living with it? Swapping out bracers for belt/ring?

Thank You,
Joe
roldy

Re: Mythic Dogs and Bracers

Unread postby roldy Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 pm

If you're really losing this many you might think about swapping them out. But I don't even remotely lose that many casts. If I recall correctly I didn't miss a single one on our last farm kill.

Basically what you want to do:
- Save at least 1 shimmer charge for when you want to hardcast
- Have an eye on your dbm/bigwigs and don't start hardcasting if the dog opposite of your debuff starts his ultimate ability
- If you're at the red dog and he starts his ulti don't stand in the camp (kind of a scumbag move though) and channel, there won't spawn red voids and if you have the black circle debuff on yourself you can ignore it and instead use your cauterize to get your hardcast off
- If you're at the purple dog and the fire ulti comes you can stand in the middle of the melee camp - people running out with their debuff will grip people arround you first, so you're kind of save to hardcast. Or you shimmer away from people with the fire ulti debuff.

If you play smart bracers will still be your best choice on this fight. Good luck on your next attempt. Hope I could be of help. :)
Kalstrom

Unread postby Kalstrom Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 am

You have to get used to bracers, no swapping them thats for sure. Utilise your shimmers properly and practice comfortable shimmers, you should always be able to get off a pyro as you get the proc, this way. Most of all, play with confidence. ;)
Fahrana

Unread postby Fahrana Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I was in the same boat as you where i felt that getting bracerprocs off were such a struggle. Once you have had a few pulls you will learn the movement of the fight and most importantly how your raid team reacts to different mechanics making it easier for you to react accordingly or pre-position.

I also use this weakaura to keep track of what is happening since the bigwigs warnings were imo a little confusing at start.
https://wago.io/Hk-hC1oxM

Return to “Fire”