Pantheon Trinket question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
z0nkey

Pantheon Trinket question

Unread postby z0nkey Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Hey guys,

I've seen this debated in multiple posts and different websites/streams.

Has anyone come to a conclusion as to what number of Pantheon trinkets are required in order for the trinket to be superior to some other options?

Currently my best trinkets for ST & AoE are 945 Injector and 965 Decimator. I've checked sims including Norgannon's and it is far behind the two previously mentioned.

Since we have about 13 of the Pantheon trinkets in our main raid, I was wondering if regardless of what the sim says, if Norg's trinket is better.

I've heard a couple streamers say that having 10+ trinkets makes Norg's superior to other options, but I've also heard other opinions.
Preheet

Re: Pantheon Trinket question

Unread postby Preheet Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 pm

So I've actually tested this extensively (with sims and in raid), and from what I've noticed, your raid needs to have at least 4 of each trinket for it to be a viable DPS increase. Seeing as how Aman'thul's Vision is not all that common, if we leave out the "wildcard" scenario, you can expect your empowered trinket to proc once every minute or so, more if rnjesus is watching over you. Our mythic roster has 19/20 players using their respective trinkets and the uptime on our empowered trinkets seems to make it so it's a viable option. My response is kinda vague but unless you're already seeing empowered procs, the trinket alone is not a DPS increase over most already established trinkets for Fire. You can refer to this for comparison https://bloodmallet.github.io/
roldy

Unread postby roldy Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 pm

So I've actually tested this extensively (with sims and in raid), and from what I've noticed, your raid needs to have at least 4 of each trinket for it to be a viable DPS increase. Seeing as how Aman'thul's Vision is not all that common, if we leave out the "wildcard" scenario, you can expect your empowered trinket to proc once every minute or so, more if rnjesus is watching over you. Our mythic roster has 19/20 players using their respective trinkets and the uptime on our empowered trinkets seems to make it so it's a viable option. My response is kinda vague but unless you're already seeing empowered procs, the trinket alone is not a DPS increase over most already established trinkets for Fire. You can refer to this for comparison https://bloodmallet.github.io/
99% sure they removed the requirement of specific pantheon trinkets needed to be empowered as we have no amanthul trinket, our tanks don't use the pantheon trinket and people still get the empowerment. So now you only need 5 (I think it was 5) random trinkets to proc simultaneously (that's why raidbots only has the option to select the amount of pantheon trinkets not which ones are present).

OTT: I sadly don't have the pantheon trinket yet myself, but i have 950 socketed injector, 960 decimator and 980 beacon and the pantheon trinket on 970 with 8 pantheon trinkets in the raid sims about as high as the decimator and the beacon, with injector being the best trinket even with 14 other pantheon trinkets. Best way to find out for yourself would probably be to just sim it on raidbots with different amounts of pantheon trinkets for yourself.

EDIT: I take it back I simmed again and it would be one of my best trinkets even at 0 pantheon trinkets in the raid. As soon as I would be able to get the proc it would be by far my best trinket.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... iPySSgbQ4k
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:41 am

Unless it changed since yesterday, I believe Raidbots says number of "Aman'thul" trinkets in raid. not the number of role specific trinkets, meaning that you'd get an empowered proc even if you put it at 4

This is taken directly from Raidbots "SimC has built functionality to simulate the raid proc based on the trinkets in the raid. I’ve built a very simple option that will populate your raid with Aman’Thul’s Vision (the legendary trinket that acts as a wildcard for the raid proc)." Furthermore "Choose a rough number of how many folks in your raid have the trinket and the sim will take the empowered proc into account when determining your DPS "

Keep in mind this would mean you'd only need 4 wildcard trinkets to proc at once for you to empower. But since that isn't the case, the sim isn't accurate for determining non-Aman'Thul trinkets proccing.

The website I linked in my first post is a good indication of where Norgannon's sits in comparison to ex. Arcane Crystal & Acrid, etc all by itself.
Last edited by Preheet on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 am

Here's a good write up about them if you're interested
http://www.wowhead.com/news=277048/ever ... n-trinkets
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 am

99% sure they removed the requirement of specific pantheon trinkets needed to be empowered as we have no amanthul trinket, our tanks don't use the pantheon trinket and people still get the empowerment. So now you only need 5 (I think it was 5) random trinkets to proc simultaneously (that's why raidbots only has the option to select the amount of pantheon trinkets not which ones are present).
Nah, you need 4 of the 5 unique trinkets. So even if your tanks didn't use it, you probably had the int, agi, str dps trinket + the healer ones.

Return to “Fire”