Thoughts so far?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Kvothe

Thoughts so far?

Unread postby Kvothe Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 am

Just curious how everyone feels about the tier so far. I personally feel like this tier is weaker then expected but I'm only sitting around 955 ilvl and I don't have bracers. Does reaching the 65-68% crit and higher ilvl start to make a big difference?
roldy

Re: Thoughts so far?

Unread postby roldy Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Does reaching the 65-68% crit and higher ilvl start to make a big difference?
It does in terms of having fun (at least for me) and in terms of keeping up in dps. But this is more or less the "multi dot"- or "spread cleave"-tier. So while we are able to keep up on single target bosses there are just some, where you just won't be able to compete with other classes (if played right).

But we have decent single target dps, decent burst, are ranged and have an immunity so we're fine. If it's fun is for you is for you to decide, but I am fairly ok so far.
Rhov

Unread postby Rhov Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Tier feels quite a lot more punishing due to the fact that if you want the maximum potential of the t21 4p bonus you need to go with RoP and TW Ring imo.
Misplacement of RoP - bad positioning has a huge affect in your overall perfomance.

On top of that, a huge part of our damage comes from bracers so if you are unlucky during combustions you will most likely be around average or even worse. With good RNG and correct play though you can pull very high numbers in almost every situation besides bosses that require multi dot.

Personally I like the gameplay of fire but still I am not sure which path to go, stat-wise. Currently I am sitting on 47% crit // 28% haste // 22% mastery // 6% vers - 965 equipped
Still trying to get some decent heavy crit neck/rings to try the full crit build and see the results.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

I just ignored the fact that you are supposed to play RoP since I got really lazy playing IF. I still beat most frost mages in both main raid and pugs (not really top tier but anyway)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 55/latest/
Bhallspawn

Unread postby Bhallspawn Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:26 am

Wow your logs are awesome, great job.

Could you tell me your stats for ST and stats for aoe fights like command?

Mostly curios how high do you go with crit on ST and mastery on Aoe..

Return to “Fire”