Need help BADLY!! MY DPS is horrible

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Orpflog

Need help BADLY!! MY DPS is horrible

Unread postby Orpflog Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm

I have been struggling this whole expansion. I was a top DPSer through WOTLK then quit raiding and now I am back, but can't get the hang of my dps. I have read everything I can, and realize that I can Phoenix Flames more when my Fire Blasts are down, but my parses are still way too low. My gut is that I am moving too much so that I have too much non casting time, but I really don't know how to change that.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/X9 ... fficulty=0
neowildfire

Re: Need help BADLY!! MY DPS is horrible

Unread postby neowildfire Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:55 pm

https://wowanalyzer.com/

That maybe can help you or give you an idea in what are you failing

(sorry my english)
DeusInvictus7

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Like the person above said, wowanalyzer.com is a helpful tool to see what you are missing.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/X9bkPrCT ... efficiency

This shows a ton of missed damage. You are holding onto stacks of Fire Blasts and Phoenix's Flames for too long so there are unused casts. You also have 37% of downtime. That means you spent over a 3rd of the fight literally doing nothing (especially considering only 7% of your casts were cancelled). Use Shimmer more for your movement so you don't have to spend time running around for no reason. Know the boss timers and the mechanics, and how you can abuse Shimmer to get around.

You are also using your Hot Streak procs without casting Fireball first (outside of Combustion). You always, ALWAYS, want to be casting a Fireball before your instant Pyros.

Your second Combustion...you might as well have been AFK to be honest. You had 5 seconds during Combustion where you didn't cast anything except Shimmer and one Pyro, and then another 7 seconds of doing nothing. This should never happen.

As for stats and gear, you also missed your second Time Warp...if you lust at the end of a fight, it's a bit harder to take advantage of it, especially on normal. Why are you using Conflag? With the Belt, you want to almost always be using Firestarter, and get used to saving Combustion for 90%.

You're unfortunately not going to do good damage without the Bracers, but you are just missing a ton of basic Fire Mage rotational stuff. I'd hit a dummy (5 min at a time) and just practice making sure you use all your abilities to their fullest. If you hit the 5 minute mark and have stacks of Fire Blasts and/or Phoenix's Flames, you're doing it wrong.

I apologize if anything I said above seemed blunt, but sometimes you need to get hit with a reality check so you can realize what to improve. Good luck!
roldy

Unread postby roldy Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm

You should also start using potions they're really not that expensive. Use on before the pull and the second one during your second time warp. Plus you're missing a few enchants.

Return to “Fire”