Trinket question

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Bink

Trinket question

Unread postby Bink Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm

I just picked up a 975 terminus signaling beacon, which sims higher even ST over my normal injector. What I'm wondering is how you guys would recommend using it's on-use? It doesn't really line up well with combustion at all, esp while using kindling. So just pop it on CD, or waste potential uses to use during a combustion, or hold off on using combustion for 20-ish seconds to line them up (which to me would make kindling seem like a pointless talent).
Preheet

Re: Trinket question

Unread postby Preheet Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:51 pm

There are more viable options for ST, but generally you never want to use it outside of Combustion. I'd probably say that Acrid/Norgannon's/Arcano are the go-to ST trinkets atm. But, the Beacon has huge potential on fights like High Command, Eonar, Portal Keeper (if your raid comp lacks aoe), and even Kin'garoth for adds.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 pm

? it lines up very well with combustion when using kindling
roldy

Unread postby roldy Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 pm

I just picked up a 975 terminus signaling beacon, which sims higher even ST over my normal injector. What I'm wondering is how you guys would recommend using it's on-use? It doesn't really line up well with combustion at all, esp while using kindling. So just pop it on CD, or waste potential uses to use during a combustion, or hold off on using combustion for 20-ish seconds to line them up (which to me would make kindling seem like a pointless talent).
It's pretty much only better when you're running rune, which you do mostly on farm anyway, which means less combustions overall. It starts to desync for me (68% crit with kindling) with the third combustion - I usually am able to use it on the first one immediatly and the second one towards the end. On bosses it use it I usually don't get a third one so I don't really mind it much.
Bink

Unread postby Bink Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 am

That's the same issue i'm having Roldy. I pretty much always use RoP, I'm not a fan of IF, even on heavy movement fights, but I've learned to make it work around most timers, however my guild is only currently in mythic Kin.
Broedrost.. No, it really doesn't. My combustion comes off cooldown 20-30 seconds before it does generally, especially after the second combustion.
Preheet, I agree, but the 975 beacon is simming higher ST than my 930 injector right now, I don't have acrno and i'm already using Norgannons in my second trinket slot. I'm hoping I'll picking a heroic or mythic injector this week, but until then as long as beacon is simming higher than my 930 injector I feel I have to use it.
roldy

Unread postby roldy Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm

That's the same issue i'm having Roldy. I pretty much always use RoP, I'm not a fan of IF, even on heavy movement fights, but I've learned to make it work around most timers, however my guild is only currently in mythic Kin.
Broedrost.. No, it really doesn't. My combustion comes off cooldown 20-30 seconds before it does generally, especially after the second combustion.
Preheet, I agree, but the 975 beacon is simming higher ST than my 930 injector right now, I don't have acrno and i'm already using Norgannons in my second trinket slot. I'm hoping I'll picking a heroic or mythic injector this week, but until then as long as beacon is simming higher than my 930 injector I feel I have to use it.
On Kin'garoth you don't run kindling anyway. You use meteor, use 1 rune outside of adds and the 2 runes during adds and combustion also keeping your trinket for the adds. On immonar not an issue either since you mostly don't get your combustion to below 1:30 due to bridge downtime. On high command and portal keeper you're holding again cds for add spawns if you want to maximize dps.
Preheet

Unread postby Preheet Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Sim's are only a "best case scenario" example of how a robot would act in a patchwork fight. Realistically.. we aren't going to play as good/as mechanically sound as a Sim output would tell you.. In regards to Beacon, it's hard to justify wearing a trinket that doesnt line up with Combustion when there are other trinkets that give you a better overall~ dps gain. I usually refer to this website when comparing trinkets. https://bloodmallet.github.io/ If you compare your two trinkets, you'll see that, yes, your beacon does give you a 25k~ dps increase, but if you happen to hold onto Combustion, or just forget to use your Beacon off of CD/Hold for Combustion, that 25k DPS increase evaporates.

TLDR: Use it if you can manage it properly, otherwise I'd stick with Acrid and pray you can get an upgrade in the near future.

Also seeing as how Kin'garoth was mentioned.. Beacon is very viable for that fight, and using it on adds is a strong option. If the adds arent dying too fast you can also use Sentinel Medallion.. don't forget to take Firestarter and Meteor, as the adds are always up in 2min intervals.

Return to “Fire”