Some advanced questions, especially regarding IF

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
qivive

Some advanced questions, especially regarding IF

Unread postby qivive Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello,

while working on my dps in antorus some questions have arisen for me that don't seem to be covered in any guides here or elsewhere.

1. Looking at logs RoP seems to be the go to Talent on some fights. Simmming myself raidbots yield only 1 % for a patchwerk style fight (e. g. garothi). So, taking the high risk of ruining dps with a misused RoP, IF seems to be the better choice (for me?). Or is this some sort of simcraft artifact (not using RoP properly? generic rotation rather than real playstyle?).

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... fCPSZhFVTK

2. While using IF: Nobody seems to emphasize the starting point of combustion. With basic mathematics i figured out that IF would have the highest values for a 17s combustion (my toon) for 2 (ascending) or 3 (ascending) (both yield the value 56, all other should be below = thus less dps).

3. Also regarding IF, but now during a combustion: Did anybody sim if it would be better to you fireblast+pyro or phoenix flame + pyro at peaks? on the one hand fireblast would provide for a quick followup pyro, phoenix on the other hand has the better base damage but eats a global cd. Therefore I don't see the obvious choice without testing.

4. Also IF during combustion: On fights like High command - wouldn't it be wise to use fireblast when no adds are nearby, while phoenix should be used if minion pop up during combustion? (overruling question 3 when adds spawn)

Thanks kindly in advance

Q.
roldy

Re: Some advanced questions, especially regarding IF

Unread postby roldy Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello,

while working on my dps in antorus some questions have arisen for me that don't seem to be covered in any guides here or elsewhere.

1. Looking at logs RoP seems to be the go to Talent on some fights. Simmming myself raidbots yield only 1 % for a patchwerk style fight (e. g. garothi). So, taking the high risk of ruining dps with a misused RoP, IF seems to be the better choice (for me?). Or is this some sort of simcraft artifact (not using RoP properly? generic rotation rather than real playstyle?).

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... fCPSZhFVTK

2. While using IF: Nobody seems to emphasize the starting point of combustion. With basic mathematics i figured out that IF would have the highest values for a 17s combustion (my toon) for 2 (ascending) or 3 (ascending) (both yield the value 56, all other should be below = thus less dps).

3. Also regarding IF, but now during a combustion: Did anybody sim if it would be better to you fireblast+pyro or phoenix flame + pyro at peaks? on the one hand fireblast would provide for a quick followup pyro, phoenix on the other hand has the better base damage but eats a global cd. Therefore I don't see the obvious choice without testing.

4. Also IF during combustion: On fights like High command - wouldn't it be wise to use fireblast when no adds are nearby, while phoenix should be used if minion pop up during combustion? (overruling question 3 when adds spawn)

Thanks kindly in advance

Q.
1. Feel like RoP really likes Pyromaniac and high crit. You can't use RoP during firestarter since you want to save it for your big combustion meaning less firestarter value and less RoP value because of lower uptime. And you want high crit to not have RoP sit at 2 charges while you wait for combustion (less crit = less kindling value). With similar gear like you (about 50% + bracer/belt) and firestarter RoP is a gain of about 1-2% as well. With pyromaniac and high crit gear (almost 70% crit + bracer/ring) it can go as high as 5%.

By the way RoP is in my opinion only the way to go if you want to parse. During progress the freedom IF offers you is invaluable. RoP is if you're able to ignore mechanics/ let others do them to parse well. Saying you want to min/max your dps to help your raid isn't really viable in this context either since you then would play frost anyway. :D

2. It might be a small dps increase to wait for the perfect IF buff if everything goes your way but it probably isn't worth the risk. Say you have a hot streak and are about to cap FB & PF with comb ready but your IF is not perfect. Waiting and doing nothing is not an option obviously. Firing of a fireball+pyro and having not both of them crit means you're now going into your combustion casting one additional fireball with 1 less FB (worst case one less PF as well). Bracer and trinket procs play a role as well. If anything were to go wrong any benefit of going into comb with a perfect IF would be lost possible leading to dps losses as well as lower comb uptime over the whole fight.

3. PB+FB is definitely better. Per global you get 1 PB (double ignite buff through hot streak) and 1 FB with Pyro+FB and 0.5 PB + 0.5 PF (PF does decent damage but doesnt get double ignite bonus). Not to forget that PB already does more damage than PF. For max single target dps and the biggest ignite PB+FB is the way to go.

4. That's what I am doing. I pop comb like 6-10secs before adds spawn depending on procs. Use FB+PB first to build a big ignite, which then spreads on the adds when they spawn and then go PF+PB to benefit from the PF cleave.
Sarat0ga

Re: Some advanced questions, especially regarding IF

Unread postby Sarat0ga Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I'd just add regarding 3) That during combustion FB will have time to reload during the combustion windows while PF in gone for 45 sec. So you should start with FB continue with 2 PF and go back to FB, provided you don't have a bracer proc, to maximize the number of Pyro.

Return to “Fire”