Kin'Garoth Meteor

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
ascottishpenguin

Kin'Garoth Meteor

Unread postby ascottishpenguin Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Hey I am having trouble with meteor placement on kingaroth - ideally I'd only use it on adds but they are dying before meteor is off CD (in between combusts). I have tried place it on the edge, in his body, eveyrwhere around the fat hammer dude, but he doesn't get the meteor debuff (from the flame patch on the ground).

If I cannot use it on boss, should I just go for kindling? I am wasting a meteor CD otherwise between every add phase.

Or if someone can make some pretty paint picture for where to place meteor on the man, I'd be grateful
ascottishpenguin

Re: Kin'Garoth Meteor

Unread postby ascottishpenguin Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 am

Noted he does take damage from the initial meteor impact - just not from the ground dot
Mara

Unread postby Mara Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 am

On this fight you should use combustion only on the adds, and with meteor selected it lines up perfectly as the adds are up every two minutes. So one meteor goes with comb for a little extra oomph. I got no idea how to best hit the boss with spare ones, but I don't think it actually matters much as it's the adds that are the important part oh this fight.
lionkim

Unread postby lionkim Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 pm

I took the advice from another guide here. You can use meter twice per add phase. What I do is whenever the adds pop up, I drop a meteor on one and pop combustion so that when it lands it automatically crits--and then I pyrochain the add until it does. Then when meteor comes off cooldown I drop a second one on the next enemy (usually another add). Meteor and combustion should be up again right when the next add phase starts.
Delandel

Unread postby Delandel Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Yeah you should have combustion + meteor ready for every add. And you can meteor the boss once in between add phases.

My opener is always RoP + meteor and just do your regular Firestarter rotation. First add you've got RoPs + Combustion + Meteor. Then you can RoP + Meteor the boss. Next add you have Combustion + RoP + Meteor again. And repeat.
ascottishpenguin

Unread postby ascottishpenguin Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Perhaps just with my guild's DPS (we have a DH/monk and affli lock permanently on the third add) the third add is nearly always dead by the time my spare meteor is off CD, or if it is alive, I only get the impact and it dies before the ground dot ticks. By the third round of adds is maybe when I get full use of the spare meteor if I don't hit the boss. Yes, I always pop meteor and immediately combust on the add I am assigned to. I was running RoP originally, but RNG seemed to love putting a green circle (from flames of the forge?) on my Rune almost immediately every time. Are you just shimmering last minute out? Or just expect to be healed through any circles that spawn on your rune?
I have been running incanter's flow so healers don't hate me.
Cinderquill

Unread postby Cinderquill Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Perhaps just with my guild's DPS (we have a DH/monk and affli lock permanently on the third add) the third add is nearly always dead by the time my spare meteor is off CD, or if it is alive, I only get the impact and it dies before the ground dot ticks. By the third round of adds is maybe when I get full use of the spare meteor if I don't hit the boss. Yes, I always pop meteor and immediately combust on the add I am assigned to. I was running RoP originally, but RNG seemed to love putting a green circle (from flames of the forge?) on my Rune almost immediately every time. Are you just shimmering last minute out? Or just expect to be healed through any circles that spawn on your rune?
If the mechanic isn't gonna cc me or take more than half my life, I just sit in my rune on every fight. Unless it's progression though
Fray

Unread postby Fray Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm

I was running RoP originally, but RNG seemed to love putting a green circle (from flames of the forge?) on my Rune almost immediately every time. Are you just shimmering last minute out? Or just expect to be healed through any circles that spawn on your rune?
So because rune has such a large area you can stand in and still receive the buff just stand as far as you can to one side and if the green circles target you just move to the opposite side of the rune area which is more than large enough. Standing in the centre and trying to move out of it won't leave you enough room to make use of it and avoid the green circles coming out
Faal

Unread postby Faal Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:57 am

I took the advice from another guide here. You can use meter twice per add phase. What I do is whenever the adds pop up, I drop a meteor on one and pop combustion so that when it lands it automatically crits--and then I pyrochain the add until it does. Then when meteor comes off cooldown I drop a second one on the next enemy (usually another add). Meteor and combustion should be up again right when the next add phase starts.

Given that add phase is only 30 seconds and Meteor is a 45 second cooldown I am calling bull shit here.

Return to “Fire”