Strategic Low Crit Build

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Elderberry

Strategic Low Crit Build

Unread postby Elderberry Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 am

With a little luck from rng jesus, I have been surprised with some of my numbers while using a low crit build. Basically I am bored and wanted to switch stats around just to see what happened. I set my crit at 39%, haste 32%, mastery 34% and versa at 5-9%, and with bracer/gloves and bracer/belt while running firestarter, it has been fun to see that burst crest 4mil during many openers. Of course it starts plummeting if no bracer procs come between combustions because you are floating fireballs back-to-back-to-back with few heating ups because of that awful crit. But get a few here and there, and then get lucky with a bracer proc, and you make your way (especially with the gloves) back to a reasonably impressive combustion phase.

Thoughts on this? Have you tried it? Have you found a lower crit build (45-55% ) that affords you more mastery and versa?
curfew

Re: Strategic Low Crit Build

Unread postby curfew Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Haven't given anything like this a shot myself, but I'd be interested in seeing any logs if you have them?
z0nkey

Re: Strategic Low Crit Build

Unread postby z0nkey Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 am

I've always run lower crit with higher mastery/haste since I enjoy belt.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ras/huggle

my logs are posted above.

The only time I go for more crit is on short fights on norm/heroic with shard, but still go belt in some cases.

Return to “Fire”