Is balancing Haste and Mastery viable for fire?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Hazemat

Is balancing Haste and Mastery viable for fire?

Unread postby Hazemat Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:12 pm

It feels like combustion is such a huge part of your dps, even with a haste build, that I have been wondering if perhaps balancing the two stats would wield good results? I'm kind of new to fire, but I wonder if I can still keep a good haste point while still getting bigger combustion combos off.
Spirillum

Re: Is balancing Haste and Mastery viable for fire?

Unread postby Spirillum Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Short version: Viable? Sure! Both stats are beneficial for you.

It's certainly possible to have a ton of both at this stage of the game.
Freshpepper

Unread postby Freshpepper Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:02 am

It's totally viable, there's really no reason you can't. If you're looking to min/max however, what I personally do (and a lot of other fire mages do) is get your hast about as low as you can tolerate and then just pump mastery. That build is slightly more difficult to play however, and really shows how good it can be among other good players with quick kill times.

Right now I rock 10.6k haste, which allows me to fit 2 fireball casts comfortably within 1 stack of the 2pc tier bonus (or 1 fireball 2 GCD's but that's mostly irrellevant). So go ahead and try some different haste levels, whichever you like most works.
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Generally spoken, Mastery is better for fast kill times, Haste is better for longer fights. This is because Combustion makes up so much of your damage in the burst, but for longer fights you'll do most of your damage by Pyros, which are more frequent with more Haste.

Return to “Fire”