What am I doing wrong?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Worobones

What am I doing wrong?

Unread postby Worobones Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello, I think this is my first time posting on here, so I apologize if this type of thread isn't really appropriate to post. For the past few weeks, I've started to notice my damage declines heavily than what I feel I'm supposed to be doing at my Item Level (970 equipped). For a while it didn't feel like anything I was doing was incorrect for the play, but maybe I'm missing something. I've looked at other fire mage logs to see what might be the problem, and I'll be honest, I have difficulty reading deeply into logs in general so it was hard for me to really see anything specific I might've been doing wrong. Maybe I have too much haste? Maybe I'm messing up my rotations during certain points? Whatever the problem(s) might be, I really want to be able to recover from this slump I'm in.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jGYWm4QxJRXKth37

This is a link to my groups logs this past Wednesday. For clarity, I am Worobones in the logs, as there are two Fire Mages in our group.
qivive

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Unread postby qivive Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 am

Only looked at Garothi:

Wowanalyzer shows that you are cancelling a lot of casts and that you're idle way too much.

Minor parts are: 2nd potion missing

If your raid does use Heroism at start, its usually better to use Shard if you own one.

Bracer procs were actually good (3+ ppm)

Check your stat weights: you seem to have a lot of mastery for a ST fight.
Worobones

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Unread postby Worobones Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:29 am

Only looked at Garothi:

Wowanalyzer shows that you are cancelling a lot of casts and that you're idle way too much.

Minor parts are: 2nd potion missing

If your raid does use Heroism at start, its usually better to use Shard if you own one.

Bracer procs were actually good (3+ ppm)

Check your stat weights: you seem to have a lot of mastery for a ST fight.
Okay thank you for responding,

Thinking about it I do have a bad habit of canceling casts to deal with mechanics, like to soak annihilation in this case. Not sure if the logs are taking the decimation stuns into account though as I did get hit by that a couple times.

Second Pots I also tend to forget a lot, Its one of those things i have a hard time remembering to use when I can, had a similar issue with healthstones for a while but got used to it.

I do have a shard...and I would have used it if I knew we were lusting on pull haha. Bit of a miscommunication at the beginning of that.

As for stat weights, currently I have it set as CritRating=39.26, HasteRating=38.29, MasteryRating=39.86, Versatility=41.69, Intellect=22.52, which I have simmed recently from Raidbots. The thing that confused me when I examined other kills in my ilvl range was there were a couple here and there that were fairly different, but it was due to legendaries/t20 gear, but others were fairly similar in terms of stats to my own.

Return to “Fire”