BiS for WoD

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
drjdr23

BiS for WoD

Unread postby drjdr23 Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm surprised to see the best in slot (via Mr. Robot) crit gear gives just over 30% crit. I know with the new versatility and multistrike that crit alone isn't as critical (pun intended ) but that worries me for a proc spec. Will people be running Arcane or Frost because of this? I usually run Arcane, but fire was so much better and more fun I hope it stays a good PvE spec.
Zyrachiel

Re: BiS for WoD

Unread postby Zyrachiel Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:48 pm

The thing to bear in mind is that this is the first tier of the expansion, and as such, numbers are low. If you want an example, compare Mogu'shan Vaults gear to Siege of Orgrimmar.
In the past this did indeed mean that crit-reliant specs like fire mages, fury warriors and balance druids were weaker at the start of the expansion, and overpowered near the end when numbers inflated.
In WoD, at least for fire mages, this won't necessarily be the case, or at least not as significantly, due to the Enhanced Pyrotechnics perk.

If you intend to play the best PvE spec in the first tier I would advise you to wait for the inevitable level 100 tuning which will effectively decide which spec is the best (hopefully they're close enough so that people can stick to the spec they like).
Kerbs

Unread postby Kerbs Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:54 am

Yeah I really want to play Fire, but looking at sims it looks like if the 20% nerf is not reverted it will struggle at 100.
Figdan

Unread postby Figdan Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:20 pm

they already stated that they would look into reverting the demo nerfs as well as the fire nerfs at 100. there was just too much of a discrepancy at 90. if i had to guess, it would be wisest to pick either arcane of frost until you get your 4 piece, and then switch to fire if they rebuff as they stated.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 am

pre-tier fire was still outperforming frost before they butchered the 100 balance with the 90 hotfixes.

Versatility and MS have nothing to do with why crit is so valuable for Fire - their existence doesn't change much.

Lower sheet crit (30%) isn't too much of a concern with fire have enhanced pyrotechnics.

Prolly want to wait until they tune lvl100 before making the decision to commit to a spec.
Darkwraith01

Unread postby Darkwraith01 Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:08 pm

The problem, like it has been posted many times over, is the ever reliance on crit. I don't think Fire's problem is a buff/nerf, but the spec mechanic itself, the always, constant, necessity for high crit.

What I would suggest: give a 40% baseline crit chance to all Fire Mages, and instead of adding to % crit chance, the points in Critical Strike add up the crit damage, like the warlock's Chaos Bolt.

We could start with something like this:
Baseline crit: 40%
Crit Damage: +10% (over normal damage)

Each point increases crit damage by 1% (example) and crit chance by 0.1%.

That would fix Fire's scailing problem, and you could actually play the spec (you would get Pyros!) at any ilvl.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:09 am

pre-tier fire was still outperforming frost before they butchered the 100 balance with the 90 hotfixes.

Versatility and MS have nothing to do with why crit is so valuable for Fire - their existence doesn't change much.

Lower sheet crit (30%) isn't too much of a concern with fire have enhanced pyrotechnics.

Prolly want to wait until they tune lvl100 before making the decision to commit to a spec.
Also assuming you are talking about raiding BiS gear, Fire 2piece and 4piece brings up Mastery's value above crit.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:16 pm

This is my BiS
http://puu.sh/d7UjM/d4bd56e304.png" target="_blank

Return to “Fire”