How much DPS is Cauterize worth?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Flyin

How much DPS is Cauterize worth?

Unread postby Flyin Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 am

Hey guys I just wanted to hear some Opinions on:
how impactful is a second life (aka Cauterize) in progress compared to
the stronger output of Frost for example.
and how much DPS would you give up in order to have Cauterize as an option.

Thanks alot i love this forum!
Maywtf

Re: How much DPS is Cauterize worth?

Unread postby Maywtf Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi,
While I understand your point of view, we definitely shouldn't pit kits against each other.
What I mean is we can't reason with specs having more defensive abilities at cost of losing something else.
Each spec has a different rotation, movement and defensive and it's great we've got some diversity as such.
Cauterize used to be a talent option in the same row as Shimmer (I might be wrong about that though) and shimmer offers so much movement it made executing mechanics a breeze. A lot of classes just don't have a cheat-death mechanic and it's fine, I so personally I don't think I can reason sacrificing something for it.
Rabona

Re: How much DPS is Cauterize worth?

Unread postby Rabona Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:35 pm

You can't assign a DPS value since not dying is priceless and how often Cauterize is likely to save you is completely dependant on the particular encounter and the level of execution that you and your raid can pull off.
As a rule of thumb Frost's defensive kit is more valuable if the encounter has foreseeable dangers to your well-being, whereas Cauterize is better if the boss delivers random damage spikes or randomly messes with your healers.

Return to “Fire”