[9.0.5] Shadowlands Fire Mage Compendium

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
bookcase

Re: [8.0] Fire Mage guide for BFA

Unread postby bookcase Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm

So this guide is a bit confusing. Especially when the rotation has abilities in it that aren't even recommended like Mirror Image and Phoenix Flames. And then it has Pyroclasm and Meteor in the same rotation which obviously isn't possible. So maybe I'm just missing something? Or are we supposed to use the guide as a general guideline and use the abilities we have chosen and skip the rest?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:04 am

So this guide is a bit confusing. Especially when the rotation has abilities in it that aren't even recommended like Mirror Image and Phoenix Flames. And then it has Pyroclasm and Meteor in the same rotation which obviously isn't possible. So maybe I'm just missing something? Or are we supposed to use the guide as a general guideline and use the abilities we have chosen and skip the rest?
It's just offering options to people who took them, Just ignore it if you haven't talented into them.
Rexdan

Unread postby Rexdan Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 pm

One question, what if I don't get a crit on the pyroblast? Do I just start combustion without a Hot streak and not even a Heating up? What then, I just scorch and fire blast to get my first Hot streak?

Great guide, thanks.

Rexdan
Toegrinder

Unread postby Toegrinder Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:45 pm

One question, what if I don't get a crit on the pyroblast? Do I just start combustion without a Hot streak and not even a Heating up? What then, I just scorch and fire blast to get my first Hot streak?

Great guide, thanks.

Rexdan
Yes, sometimes I'll fish one more Fireball. Going into a Combustion without a Hot Streak feels really bad, but it happens sometimes.
Dturkmen

Unread postby Dturkmen Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm confused why flame on outskills phoenix flames. Wouldn't having 3 more instant cast crits increase the number of pyros during the fight and combustion phase?
cortehz

Unread postby cortehz Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:33 am

Hi fire mages,

Thank you for the guide, having a great time playing fire mage! Definitely my favorite mage spec, and thinking if i should just switch to fire with arcane as back-up but waiting on advice whether this would be good. In the meantime, have a couple of questions regarding the rotations and would love any help. :D

1. If i don't get a heating up during my "opening" pyroblast, how do i generate my heating up? The guide tells me to still go into rune of power and combust, but do i now follow up with 2 straight fire blasts > pyro > fire blast/phoenix flame > etc? Or do i scorch first (for the guaranteed crit from combust), then continue with the chain? Or does it even matter? Because the first one (double fire blast) will lead me to scorch earlier eventually anyway.

2. Do i delay fireblast if it is about to cap BUT combustion is about to come off cooldown? If yes, how short should the cd on combust be for me to hold onto capped fire blast stacks? Or is it just better to never cap on fire blast stacks, and not have the max amount during combust?

3. Do i cast living bomb before i use combustion? Or does combustion affect living bomb? In mythic dungeons i precast fireball/pyro and cast living bomb before going combust when there are 2+ targets, but no idea if this is correct.

4. How is phoenix flames prioritized in aoe? Currently i only ever use it outside of combustion if i'm about to get 3 charges on phoenix flames, not sure if i should be casting it on 2+ mobs. Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the aoe rotation so i'm a bit lost. :(

5. How do i use combustion when i have to AOE? Do i use flamestrike in place of pyro similar to the normal rotation? Or is it always better to just pyro chain during combust?
cortehz

Unread postby cortehz Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:37 am

I'm confused why flame on outskills phoenix flames. Wouldn't having 3 more instant cast crits increase the number of pyros during the fight and combustion phase?
Even though fire blast and phoenix flames are both instant casts, fire blast is off the gcd. Flame on also reduces its cooldown by 2 (from 11 to 9) which makes you able to fit another one in during the 10 second combust duration. :D
Dturkmen

Unread postby Dturkmen Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Ohh alright that makes sense, thank you cortehz
coldim

Unread postby coldim Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm struggling with blaster master combustion rotation. When I get to the point where I should be casting scorch and using FB during the cast and then end up with 2 pyro in a row I can pull it off. The proc is just munched. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? According to combat log, in these cases scorch hits before I cast pyro. Is 10% hate an issue?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:53 am

you should be able to do the double pyro thing with 10% haste (you need to spam pyro during your scorch cast), but you will not be able to get 4 stacks of BM with it
skardd

Unread postby skardd Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Any ETA on the update of the fire guide?
Toegrinder

Unread postby Toegrinder Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Any ETA on the update of the fire guide?
Is there something out of date? If there is feel free to poke me in the altered time discord as thats where I'm most active.

Thanks
Saturni

Re: [8.2] Fire Mage guide for BFA

Unread postby Saturni Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:36 am

There a link for the discord everything i've found doesn't work
Anzark

Unread postby Anzark Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Thegreatfalcorn

Unread postby Thegreatfalcorn Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 am

I just want confirmation on what the best azerite trait is, in guide blaster master is near bottom but in logs everyone is using it, I personally was thinking of going with wildfire, thanks.
Flameup

Unread postby Flameup Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am

Awesome guide, man. Appreciate it.
QuiGonJinnNJuice

Unread postby QuiGonJinnNJuice Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm

I just want confirmation on what the best azerite trait is, in guide blaster master is near bottom but in logs everyone is using it, I personally was thinking of going with wildfire, thanks.
I think what it boils down to is that the sims linked are displaying impacts based on using pyroclasm rather than meteor. The problem here is that it's extremely difficult to have a hardcast pyro with more than one stack of blaster master, while the BM/Meteor build is built around staying at 3 stacks of blaster master through most of combustion (helped by Memory of Lucid Dreams essence) and dropping a massive meteor buffed by RoP + 3 BM stacks which does huge damage and gives really high ignite ticks. Basically the way most sims are being shown isn't capturing the playstyle that leverages Blaster Master properly.
Berginyon

Unread postby Berginyon Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Hello.
https://wowanalyzer.com/report/dFk3Aqtr ... /Berginyon
How can i improve on the downtime? I mean I don't make significant pauses always casting something.
Crit

Unread postby Crit Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 am

Hi,

First of all, thx for this guide very helpfull.

I'm lvl 56 right now, and always sim myself.
But raidbots always ask to wear more intelect. He always go for intelect, but I think i need more Haste or something.

What do you think about that ?

Thank you
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 am

Hi,

First of all, thx for this guide very helpfull.

I'm lvl 56 right now, and always sim myself.
But raidbots always ask to wear more intelect. He always go for intelect, but I think i need more Haste or something.

What do you think about that ?

Thank you
At level 56, I wouldn't worry too much about stats. Just replace gear based on ilvl as they come.

Worry about stats and gear once you hit 56.

Return to “Fire”