[9.0.5] Shadowlands Fire Mage Compendium

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Crit

Re: [8.2] Fire Mage guide for BFA

Unread postby Crit Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi,

First of all, thx for this guide very helpfull.

I'm lvl 56 right now, and always sim myself.
But raidbots always ask to wear more intelect. He always go for intelect, but I think i need more Haste or something.

What do you think about that ?

Thank you
At level 56, I wouldn't worry too much about stats. Just replace gear based on ilvl as they come.

Worry about stats and gear once you hit 56.
Maybe you're right, but i like to be on top of the dps meter :lol:
Illu

Re: [8.2] Fire Mage guide for BFA

Unread postby Illu Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:15 am

It seems fire mages start gemming versaility between 23-24% haste even raidbots sims haste still much higher, why is that hastebreakpoint exact number or ?
Mageztìc

Re: [8.3] Fire Mage guide for BFA

Unread postby Mageztìc Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Can Mechagnomes be added to the racial list ?
Prelimar

Re: [9.0] Shadowlands Fire Mage Compendium

Unread postby Prelimar Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:07 am

I just knew i'd be able to find the info i needed here. : )
thank you so much, fellow mages. this is awesome.
Prelimar
~~~~~~~>>o
Scyltera

Unread postby Scyltera Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 pm

So I gotta ask since I haven't played beta and levelling will only give so much help:

I wanted to play Venthyr because of the theme, but looks like the gameplay would be annoying, doesn't it? You want to cast mirrors righr before combusting to get the fire blast charges back and hopefully spend 1-2 more globals on pyro insteas of scorch or phoenix flames, but either you have to delay mirrors by 30 sec or go with the flow with kindling.
So first question, how does combust align with mirrors with kindling? If the CD goes closer to 1 min than to 1 min 15 sec I'd guess you just use it, right?

Also Nadija's thrill seeker will buff you I'm guessing every 70-80 seconds. Do you wanna keep your combust for this buff? It desynchs with mirrors though. All this staggered damage increases don't do anything for fire :/

Seems like night fae is the only one that actually does something and wouldn't be frustrating to play, right?

I don't get how blizz doesn't see that we don't play this game like ESO, and there's no reason to have themes and power /playstile coupled. Could have just made the abilities somehow separate from the theme and there wouldn't have to be any issues about swapping covenants at all.
kromula

Unread postby kromula Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Plans to update the trinket section now the raid is out?

Seems to be a lot of conflicting information from fellow mages around last boss trinkets, divine bell, soul igniter and PVP trinket.

Return to “Fire”