Weird Simming results?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
TLTeo

Weird Simming results?

Unread postby TLTeo Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Hey all,

I took a break from WoW for a couple of years and recently got back - I was actually around when this site first got going.

Anyway, I've been playing around with Simcraft again to get back into things and I'm getting some weird results. I'm just simming my (crappy geared) main on a patchwerk fight, and for some reason the APL is casting Dragon's Breath a couple of times in the fight during Combustion:
actions.combustion_phase+=/dragons_breath,if=!buff.hot_streak.react&action.fire_blast.charges<1
Commenting out that line prevents the DB casts. My first question is, what is the logic of that?

The second weird thing I'm finding is that the stat weights are greatly skewed towards haste, both for my main and the T21 template, when using IF/Conflag/Pyroclasm:
which also seems odd. My guess would be that the APL is still trying to cast Pyro with Pyroclasm procs during RoP (per this line: actions.rop_phase+=/pyroblast,if=buff.pyroclasm.react&execute_time<buff.pyroclasm.remains&buff.rune_of_power.remains>cast_time), and more haste allows for two casts back to back, but with the buff being down to 225% it's probably not worth it. Does that make sense and should it be happening in the first place?
Rabona

Re: Weird Simming results?

Unread postby Rabona Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:35 pm

The DB line smells of Alexstrasza's Fury, iirc they moved talents around on that tier with prepatch, have you been using an old /simc string by any chance?
Haste is my top simming secondary as well, even with top gear and IF. There could be several reaons for it: like robomage getting another Pyro into Combustion due to higher haste or crit being devalued with T1 talents and execute belt. It doesn't sound that weird to me, secondary stats have been close-ish on ST for a while from what I remember.

Return to “Fire”