Meteor...here I go!!!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Raegnarok

Meteor...here I go!!!

Unread postby Raegnarok Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:30 am

Hi there fellow mages!

Since WOD Mage lvl 100 talents were published I knew I would play fire...I have not done any sims on this, but a 5 stack unstable magic + Meteor seems like a nice thing to do, plus...what could numbers matter when we can cast a GOD DAMN BURNING SPHERE FROM THE SKIES!!?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously speaking, I did not play on beta so I don´t have a clue about how would fire feel at lvl 100, but since Alter time was taken as a dps CD the rotation at 90 feels quite simple, so having to actually track UM or whatever any other trinket proc we can get to cast meteor makes the gameplay a little more dynamic (at least would make having an UM weakaura worth it!)

I like all lvl 100 talents for mages overall but, animation-wise, Meteor is too OP (this is still a game and unless the other talents are beating it for over a 3k dps or even more, I would still stick to it!!)

Which one are you gonna take and why?
Figdan

Re: Meteor...here I go!!!

Unread postby Figdan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:53 am

level 100 talents will change quite a bit depending on fights. i suggest you catch on everything in here

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=153
Magiclol

Unread postby Magiclol Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:46 am

Most beta boss fights had mages at Fire, and they were owning with Meteor! Sadly, it got nerfed to the ground and I don't think Fire can catch up to Frost for Normal and Heroic Highmaul.

That being said, play the spec you love, by all means, but if you want to show your guild your best numbers it seems like Frost will be the way to go for now.

I personally love Fire, but when it comes to my guilds progression, I play whatever helps them out the most. So many mages say "but I only like this spec!" which is fine, but what really helps me enjoy a class is how much I contribute to the boss kill as a group.

I am fortunate to be with a guild that lets me play whichever spec I want, but they know I will play the one that contributes the most.

Happy raiding ;)
Raegnarok

Unread postby Raegnarok Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 am

My guild is not a super hardcore one, we are not after realm 1st kill or whatever...is just about the fun. Kindling seems its gonna rule at end game gear once there are super fast kills (pretty much the issue with Affliction locks in SoO). I will stick to Fire unless my numbers are crap..then I´d go Arcane.

Also, we still gotta wait (or hope!) for more class fixes after the 1st weeks of raiding, so there is still no reason to stick to a class just for the sake of topping metters.

Have fun leveling!

Return to “Fire”