2 questions

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Herpie

2 questions

Unread postby Herpie Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 pm

1)

ive read some comment on some forum about firemage aoe that said it was beneficial for firemage to switch targets while on AoE frequently. but i can't thibk of a reason why this would be benefecial, except for maybe switching to ensure a high health target will live trough the duration of ignite. is there truth to this statement? and if so, why?

2)

searing touch rotation:
'pyro fishing' doesnt consistently work with scorch die to travel time so i change rotation to:

if the first scorch crits i do another scorch followed by pyro, if it doesnt i do fireblast -pyro before the next scorch, if i delay pyro till after the next scorch it could munch heating up, so i avoid that.

but is it benefecial to get into a shorter range and try continue fishing? can we pull that off consistently?
at some instances i seem to be succesful at it, at others i dont. i was wondering if it was worth the effort on fights were standing in melee-ish range.
any tips on searing touch rotations?
Saharez

Re: 2 questions

Unread postby Saharez Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:47 pm

The only situations where it's beneficial for a fire mage to change targets is if the mage is worried the target will die before the cast finish, or if
the Fire mage is running firestarter and wants to fish for free crits to fuel more instant cast pyroblasts / flamestrikes.

We'll need another fire mage to talk us trough the most efficient way to scorch with searing touch, I'm not familliar with the math on that topic.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 am

You don't really pyro fish with Scorch, due to travel time, and you don't want to wait to see if the first scorch crit.

Just do Scorch->Scorch-> Pyro.

You can replace your 2nd scorch with a pyro if you notice the pyro critting. Obviously, use any instant cast you have.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 am

Yes indeed, the searing touch rotation becomes less about fishing because you know the scorch will crit. You can actually hit your pyro button the moment the scorch cast finishes and you have heating up.

For me it is basically this:

START casting scorch
IF Heating up (after pyro lands): Finish Scorch cast and cast Pyro
ELSE IF Fire blast off cooldown: cast Fire Blast, Finish Scorch cast and cast Pyro
ELSE Finish Scorch, cast Scorch and cast Pyro

It basically means you have the split second after the pyro lands to decide if you need to fire blast or finish your cast and go for the next one. If you didn't crit your pyro or have a fire blast available, you basically have the 2 scorch rotation pyro rotation.
Herpie

Unread postby Herpie Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 am

thanks.
yeah thats basically what i do now... shame :) no dps increase to be gained there i guess :D.

still thanks all fir the replies.

i had another question though. after seeing the firat logs favoring high crit mages ive been experimenting with higher crit builds to see wether its really just good rng.

i dont know about this really, but since stacking crit in favor of haste ive been slowly bit steadily been gaining on my raid and m+ buddies in terms of overall dps.
also, the spec is much more fun to play now (almost at 40% crit atm).
with this amount of crit i also started favouring pyroclam over meteor. what are your experiences?
do you follow sims? or do you deviate and go high rng build?
ertai

Unread postby ertai Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 pm

i dont know about this really, but since stacking crit in favor of haste ive been slowly bit steadily been gaining on my raid and m+ buddies in terms of overall dps.
also, the spec is much more fun to play now (almost at 40% crit atm).
with this amount of crit i also started favouring pyroclam over meteor. what are your experiences?
do you follow sims? or do you deviate and go high rng build?
Yes, I like this way :), I will deffinetely try it.
Based on my legion experiences, high crit build (aroud 60% crit) was consistent, extremly comfortable to play and less rng. Personally I liked fire mage like that.

But I don't think it is possible or worth at this tier.
We are now short on stats due to 3 more armor pieces are without secondaries. To the hell with other stats, but we need mastery for some cleave or significant aoe.
Joshua015

Unread postby Joshua015 Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:37 pm

1)

ive read some comment on some forum about firemage aoe that said it was beneficial for firemage to switch targets while on AoE frequently. but i can't thibk of a reason why this would be benefecial, except for maybe switching to ensure a high health target will live trough the duration of ignite. is there truth to this statement? and if so, why? use instant knockout for your website

2)

searing touch rotation:
'pyro fishing' doesnt consistently work with scorch die to travel time so i change rotation to:

if the first scorch crits i do another scorch followed by pyro, if it doesnt i do fireblast -pyro before the next scorch, if i delay pyro till after the next scorch it could munch heating up, so i avoid that.

but is it benefecial to get into a shorter range and try continue fishing? can we pull that off consistently?
at some instances i seem to be succesful at it, at others i dont. i was wondering if it was worth the effort on fights were standing in melee-ish range.
any tips on searing touch rotations?
I had the same problems

Return to “Fire”