Blaster Master

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Purplefrost

Blaster Master

Unread postby Purplefrost Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:05 am

Is this the real new OP? So far it is doing more than the Tidal Surge traits that I was using and my combustion's are absolutely absurd. What is everyone else's experience? Currently using 2 Blaster Master, and 1 Archive of Titans (Uldir) or 1 Tidal Surge (outside Uldir) with 936 haste. Nowhere near the 1250+ haste that is needed for absolute optimal rotation, but it still seems to be doing really good damage.
Mykream

Re: Blaster Master

Unread postby Mykream Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 am

Just watch Papa Evandis at work. he explains it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbimzHr ... jVBqhDwnWw
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm

this is the video that sparked my question. was hoping for more of a debate as opposed to seeing a video ive already watched
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:25 am

this is the video that sparked my question. was hoping for more of a debate as opposed to seeing a video ive already watched
Well, what sort of debate are you looking for?
Most of the mage community already know how OP BM is. There's already guides on how to optimize the BM traits in your combustion window. The only thing left to do is to wait for blizz to nerf it (and if you don't believe that, you haven't been playing mage that long)
Pio

Unread postby Pio Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:44 am

Well, what sort of debate are you looking for?
Most of the mage community already know how OP BM is. There's already guides on how to optimize the BM traits in your combustion window. The only thing left to do is to wait for blizz to nerf it (and if you don't believe that, you haven't been playing mage that long)
can you please post the link to those guides? Other than that youtube vid.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:08 am

The only change with BM is during Combustion where you want to get to 4 stack of BM.

Note you need ~15% haste to comfortably do it.
Herpie

Unread postby Herpie Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 am

Cool stuff, somehow ive missed this. got me some azerite gear with this trait and don't need much gear to get to that level of haste (only some good rng :)). Hopefully i will get to try it before that predicted nerf is there.

Outside haste, what stat would generally work best with this rotation? versatility? (i take it that a patchwork sim at raidbots wouldnt sim this rotation?)
and is it worth doing in Uldir on ST fights like taloc?
And would you give up the uldir buff for triple blaster master? or would you run with an uldir trait + 2 blaster masters?
Pio

Unread postby Pio Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:15 am

Thanks !
I feel like it's very easy to mess up this rotation. If you just mistimed one cast/one fireblast. It's not worth stacking BM (lowering ilvl or gearing towards haste).
lamilama

Unread postby lamilama Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:31 pm

I'm currently at 14% 956~ haste is it worth to aim for higher haste if I can get my hands on a second BM trait, or shouldn't I bother trying?
Delandel

Unread postby Delandel Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Being a Troll seems basically required for Blaster Master to be OP as well, since the racial lets you get another Fireblast stack. So if you play Alliance you're SOL.
médolinette

Unread postby médolinette Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 am

The fact is, for a new BM player like me who watched the video, i'm still asking myself few questions.

1/ Whats the minimum haste required to have 5 stacks (without berserking/With reoriganitation array+BL)?

2/ In case you'll never have enough haste to reach 5stacks (not enough gear, not enough gems, not enough reorigination array stack, etc), what's the best stat to max ? Vers ? Crit ? Mastery ? (with stacking enough haste to have 4 stacks easily)

3/ Why do we put meteor in the rotation? Why not picking kindling to have combust as soon as possible and doing the rotation as soon as possible ? We have less burst but we can burst more often

4/ What to do after the BM rotation? Doing a normal rotation (using fire blast to proc hot streak) and try saving fire blast X seconds (depending of your haster) before the combustion reset ? Or just doing the BM rotation everytime (saving 3 fire blast, RoP then BM rota without combust praying for RNG)?

thx

Return to “Fire”