Double Instant Pyro's no casts in between HOW??

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Warmfluff

Double Instant Pyro's no casts in between HOW??

Unread postby Warmfluff Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

How is this pulled off? What are you doing in terms of timing to make this a reality during the combustion window? I can occasionally get the first double but I'm not positive on how i'm doing it. I have yet to get the second double. Timeline is from top ranked Fire mage Imfiredup, Heroic kill of Grong. Image
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wz ... w=timeline
MagicEraser

Re: Double Instant Pyro's no casts in between HOW??

Unread postby MagicEraser Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm a pretty amatuer fire mage, but I'm pretty sure I can cover this.

So you:
1) Pyroblast -- Consumes hot streak, generates heating up
2) Scorch
3) During Scorch Fire blast -- generates hot streak. NOTE: this can go here or before the scorch cast. It would on where you are with you blaster master uptime.
4) Pyro IMMEDIATELY after scorch completes -- Consumes hotstreak, generates heating up. Scorch will crit after to generate heating up.
5) Pyro -- Consumes hot streak -- Consumes hotstreak

Step 4 is the key. Remember that scorch does have SOME (though minimal) travel time. Because of this you can immediately consume hot streak before the scorch generates another crit. This means that as soon as that pryoblast hits you'll generate another hotstreak. Effectively giving you a double pyroblast.
Warmfluff

Unread postby Warmfluff Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 pm

This is what I was figuring, however I've been trying it at work today and the higher then normal latency, may be causing me to miss it occasionally with casting the first insta pyro as the scorch cast ends.
Warmfluff

Unread postby Warmfluff Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm a pretty amatuer fire mage, but I'm pretty sure I can cover this.

So you:
1) Pyroblast -- Consumes hot streak, generates heating up
2) Scorch
3) During Scorch Fire blast -- generates hot streak. NOTE: this can go here or before the scorch cast. It would on where you are with you blaster master uptime.
4) Pyro IMMEDIATELY after scorch completes -- Consumes hotstreak, generates heating up. Scorch will crit after to generate heating up.
5) Pyro -- Consumes hot streak -- Consumes hotstreak

Step 4 is the key. Remember that scorch does have SOME (though minimal) travel time. Because of this you can immediately consume hot streak before the scorch generates another crit. This means that as soon as that pryoblast hits you'll generate another hotstreak. Effectively giving you a double pyroblast.
Also note Icy veins claims scorch has no travel time. So that's where my confusion lies
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:46 am

Also note Icy veins claims scorch has no travel time. So that's where my confusion lies
It's technically not a travel time, but server lag.
What happens is that consuming hotstreak is a client event, that it, it happens on your local pc.
However, registering a crit is server side, so it takes some time for the server to confirm that yes, you did crit, and tells your client to give you the heating up buff.

So the order of events:
1. You have heating up.
2. You cast scorch
3. you cast fireblast in the middle of your scorch cast.
4. server registers your crit, tells your client to convert HU to HS
5.Scorch casts finish
6. You spam your pyro button to consume HS asap
7. Server registers your scorch crit, and tells your client to give you a HU proc
8. Pyro crits, converts your HU to HS
9. Cast Pyro again.
Warmfluff

Unread postby Warmfluff Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I was doing everything correct except spamming pyro enough. Spoke with Imfiredup and we checked my spellquery settings.

All it was is the need to spam pyro more times prior to the scorch cast completion.

Return to “Fire”