Hyperthread Wristwraps vs Infinite Stars 3

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
m0bf1ght3r

Hyperthread Wristwraps vs Infinite Stars 3

Unread postby m0bf1ght3r Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi all, new to this site, am in a bit of a dilemma here.

I recently got Hyperthread Wristwraps from Mechagon, and I quickly went to sim my gear. Unfortunately, according to RaidBots, equipping the Wristwraps will drop my DPS by roughly 4000 compared to my current bracers with Infinite Stars.

Am wondering if anyone here has had the same dilemma before and whether RaidBots takes into account the active ability of Hyperthread Wristwraps. Which one should I use?
Saelevan

Re: Hyperthread Wristwraps vs Infinite Stars 3

Unread postby Saelevan Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Honestly you should go with what sims higher generally, but whatever you do don't get rid of the wrists.

The corruptions you should be hoping for are a buttload of Mastery % increases (literally like 4-5 of them) and a crit damage 4%

together all those replace and outdps infinite stars by a LOT

But anyways, you should at least practise with the wrists, it's possibly simming lower because you don't have an on use trinket to go with your fire maginess, do let me know if that's wrong.

tldr;
Keep them, you will need them
m0bf1ght3r

Unread postby m0bf1ght3r Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Honestly you should go with what sims higher generally, but whatever you do don't get rid of the wrists.

The corruptions you should be hoping for are a buttload of Mastery % increases (literally like 4-5 of them) and a crit damage 4%

together all those replace and outdps infinite stars by a LOT

But anyways, you should at least practise with the wrists, it's possibly simming lower because you don't have an on use trinket to go with your fire maginess, do let me know if that's wrong.

tldr;
Keep them, you will need them
Thanks for the reply, I currently only have Corrupted Gladiator's Badge, and I don't have Font of Power.
Saelevan

Unread postby Saelevan Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:28 pm

You can get by fine with the badge and a psyche shredder, as i said, just keep the wrists because say you got another infinite stars 3 or even 2 in another slot, I think it may sim higher with the Mechagon wrists (that's just brain maths though, always sim xD)
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 am

Infinite stars is a sim trap, and it rarely works out well in either M+, or fights within the current raid.
I'd just use the hyperthread bracers.
Cerebral076

Unread postby Cerebral076 Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 pm

i agree with nickseg. IS in sims looks great, but in practice flays consistently beat it. The hyperthread bracers are the equivalent of 550 ilvl for a fire mage. They are a huge dps increase.

As far as corruptions goes, Masterful and Honed Mind is what you want, they are BiS corruptions for Fire Mage. IS and Flays are down the list for us. Hopefully rngesus is kinder to you. i have yet to get any of those pieces. =(

Return to “Fire”