[TC] SimC Fire Mage APL

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Vog

Re: [TC] SimC Fire Mage APL

Unread postby Vog Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:59 am

It seems like sustaining the 2pc even at 1 stack provides higher dps.

I changed the >=4 to >=1 in the following section:

Code: Select all

# Intentionally sustain 2T16 4 stack or more actions.single_target+=/pyroblast,if=set_bonus.tier16_2pc_caster&buff.pyroblast.up&buff.potent_flames.stack>=4&buff.potent_flames.remains<action.fireball.execute_time actions.single_target+=/inferno_blast,if=set_bonus.tier16_2pc_caster&buff.pyroblast.down&buff.potent_flames.stack>=4&buff.potent_flames.remains<action.fireball.execute_time&buff.potent_flames.remains>gcd&(buff.heating_up.up|action.fireball.in_flight|action.pyroblast.in_flight)
This increased the total DPS by about ~710 (BiS T16H profile, 500s duration, 250k iterations).

Btw Komma, is there any way for me to update my Simcraft to the changes you made on July 1st? I overwrote my /profiles/Tier16H/Mage_Fire_T16H.simc file by the one linked by you, but I can't find the sc_mage.cpp file in my Simcraft folder, I guess it's part of the compiler or something?

With regards to the 2-pc, I'd like to test out the following, but I'm not sure how to code it:
Basically when I'm at 5 stacks, I want to maintain it as long as possible and cast as many fireballs within the buff duration, so I want to store my Pyroblast! for the end of the 2-pc buff duration, possibly even at the cost of wasting HU's.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Never thought of intentionally sustaining 2T16 at lower stacks - good catch.

sc_mage.cpp is part of the source code, so it'll require a release unless you download the source code and compile it yourself. I'm afraid there's no other way =/

As for your 2T16 idea, I'm not sure what you mean by "possibly even at the cost of wasting HU's". Unlike frost, the 2T16 buff isn't a fixed haste duration, and is refreshed every time you cast a pyro. On the other hand, munching pyro procs is almost always a loss, because of the gigantic damage difference (and even more extreme DPET difference) between instant pyros and fireball. Keep in mind that fireballs make up only ~15% of total damage done - big optimizations will usually be found in high damage spells such as LB and Pyro.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 am

Trustbucket over at MMO-C brought up the issue with making sure IE is up for each proc duration of PBoI. This has already been done for Frost, so it was rather easy to add to Fire spec.

511477 50.0% Mage_Fire_T16H 510999 50.0% Mage_Fire_T16H_Old
Unlike Frost spec, fire does not run into mana issues, so Invocation has pretty efficient 1-minute-cycle timing. Adding this only affects boundary cases, and leads to a 0.1% increase (~500 DPS). For gear comparison purposes though, the default profile is using RoP, which isn't really affected by this.

Since it's a gain anyway, I've commited the change to code already: https://code.google.com/p/simulationcra ... c00f98bcd0" target="_blank
Admin of Altered Time.

Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:29 am

Vog made a comment last week about "Scorch+IB if you don't have HS/HU and you can't fit fireball+IB into current 2T16 buff window". I've been working on WoD prototype APLs, so I haven't had time to test it until now.

Syntax for the scorch, since the IB part is already handled.

# The "Vog manuever" actions.single_target+=/scorch,if=set_bonus.tier16_2pc_caster&buff.potent_flames.up&buff.pyroblast.down&buff.heating_up.down&buff.potent_flames.remains<action.fireball.execute_time+gcd&buff.potent_flames.remains>2*gcd
Result:

519561 50.0% Mage_Fire_T16H_Vog 518739 50.0% Mage_Fire_T16H
DPS increased by ~800 over 250K iterations.

When I asked how humans could possibly perform this precision timing, this was Vog's answer:
<Vogz> I have a timer bar the same size of my cast bar
<Vogz> it's just below my castbar, and basically I look at that thing the whole day
Scaling your cast bars and buff timer bars so you can perform seemingly superhuman rotations? Hats off to you, Vog.

Commit: https://code.google.com/p/simulationcra ... 46740ecfb8" target="_blank
Admin of Altered Time.

Return to “Fire”