Ideal sequences for Prismatic Crystal and Meteor?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
tedronai

Ideal sequences for Prismatic Crystal and Meteor?

Unread postby tedronai Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:14 pm

I've been messing around both with Prismatic Crystal and Meteor ever since I hit 100, so I have an idea what to do, just looking for confirmation or consensus on what the ideal sequence for utilizing our two active level 100 talents in conjunction with combustion. Anyway, here's what I have.

Prismatic Crystal
I'm most unsure about the sequence for the crystal. This mostly comes from finding the most ideal way to deal with the crystal's gcd while continuing to cast fireballs and not waste potential pyro procs. It just seems there may be times we'd have to interrupt a current FB cast. Here's what I've come up with:

Fish for Pyro
FB
Crystal
Pyro the crystal
Combustion
Inferno Blast
Blast Wave x 2

This would get the most Combustion uptime on the crystal, but it's dependent on a single Pyro for ignite.

An alternate sequence could also be:

Fish for Pyro + Heating Up
Interrupt current FB to cast Crystal
FB
Pyro
Pyro again if getting another proc
Combustion
Inferno Blast
Blast Wave x2 (depending on haste)

This one would build a higher ignite, but would have less combustion up time on the crystal.

Meteor
Fish for a Pyroblast! proc

If you also have heating up (your in the air FB also crit), then:
FB
Pyro (as to not waste a potential second Pyro proc)
Meteor
FB (or Pyro if it proc'ed again)
Combustion

If you did not have heating up:
FB
Meteor
Pyro
Combustion

Either way, any helpful tips or adjustments to this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Pwnzz

Re: Ideal sequences for Prismatic Crystal and Meteor?

Unread postby Pwnzz Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 pm

From what I have seen with the little testing I have done, it is better to end with the meteor hitting (unless there is a pyro in flight). Every time I send another pyro after the meteor has landed, the ignite value hasn't been as high as it was before the other pyro impacted.

What I have done is the following:

Pyro proc
Meteor
cast FB and loose Pyro
Fireball will hit just when Meteor hits, and Pyro a split second after
Combust

Any pyro procs I have after that I use with my normal rotation. This has gotten me 6.5k ignites to combust off of. If my global was a bit shorter, and fireball cast just a hair faster than 2.2, it would all line up perfectly.
Figdan

Unread postby Figdan Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:20 pm

This one would build a higher ignite, but would have less combustion up time on the crystal.
Its not really as important to have a lot of uptime on the crystal. Get a big ignite, combust, and spread that to your target.
ps2dude756

Unread postby ps2dude756 Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:58 am

I've been doing your alternate sequence for Prismatic Crystal, and have been having good luck with it. In best case scenarios I seem to get something like this:

Fish for Pyroblast! + Heating Up
Pristmatic Crystal
Fireball + Pyroblast (both crit giving another Pyroblast! and Heating Up)
Pyroblast (crits giving another Pyroblast!)
Pyroblast
Combustion
Inferno Blast
Blast Wave x2

This seems to give me around 5k Combustions, but is very rare. Normally I only get 1 extra Pyroblast.

Return to “Fire”