Low Single Target Frost DPS

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Charttopper

Low Single Target Frost DPS

Unread postby Charttopper Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Hello guys,

I have been underperforming in my frost mage for bosses like Taloc or Fetid Devourer and I can't seem to find why. I am 970 ilvl and I am pulling around 9-10k when Raidbots says I should be doing around 14-15k. I am simming according to Raidbots, I have the right traits, the right gear, and I am following the dps guides. So I think it has to be a rotation problem but I am using my rotcrusted voodoo doll on CD, using Comet Storm on CD, shattering GS with BF proc, you get the idea. On AOE fights like Vectis I swap to Splitting Ice and I do around 14k dps, so I know my rotation is alright but for Single Target it's pathetic. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Side note: I seem to do more dps with Ghunn trinket than with Rotcrusted Voodoo Doll being casted on CD even though Voodoo Doll is the best trinket for Frost Mages, any ideas?
Enimonemo

Re: Low Single Target Frost DPS

Unread postby Enimonemo Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Perhaps if you would link logs or something, that would be helpful. Also, you can try sticking your logs into wowanalyzer!
Charttopper

Unread postby Charttopper Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Perhaps if you would link logs or something, that would be helpful. Also, you can try sticking your logs into wowanalyzer!
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
Enimonemo

Unread postby Enimonemo Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Your logs show that you did NOTHING for 75% of the fight. That might be a good reason...

Return to “Frost”