[Advanced][ilvl 540-582] Visual Frost Guide 5.4

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
nickseng

Re: [Advanced][ilvl 540-582] Visual Frost Guide 5.4

Unread postby nickseng Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:42 am

The macro does work just fine, though. Also, I don't understand why some people prefer to use alter time when there's 6 secs left of icy veins, instead of just at the start. You still extend the duration by 6 seconds, no matter what. So, I usually use that macro whenever Tempus Repit procs.
Mirror Image is on the GCD. What happens when you click the macro is that it will execute up to Mirror Image, then stop, because it has the GCD. In order to execute the rest of them, you'd have to click them again.

And as Komma said above (though I think he mistype IV as AT), but casting IV first, it increases your chance to proc PBOI (since PBOI procs on hit, and IV makes your spells hit 3 times).
Tiaitchsi

Unread postby Tiaitchsi Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 am

The macro does work just fine, though. Also, I don't understand why some people prefer to use alter time when there's 6 secs left of icy veins, instead of just at the start. You still extend the duration by 6 seconds, no matter what. So, I usually use that macro whenever Tempus Repit procs.
Mirror Image is on the GCD. What happens when you click the macro is that it will execute up to Mirror Image, then stop, because it has the GCD. In order to execute the rest of them, you'd have to click them again.

And as Komma said above (though I think he mistype IV as AT), but casting IV first, it increases your chance to proc PBOI (since PBOI procs on hit, and IV makes your spells hit 3 times).
Well, the macro still does work with one press on the button.
http://i.gyazo.com/894d99ee4f00ac7fe62c8de58f7ea1ad.mp4" target="_blank

But I understand your reasoning, maybe

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Alter Time /use Potion of the Jade Serpent /cast Mirror Image /cast Icy Veins /castsequence Berserking, Alter Time
Would be a good workaround?

Cheers.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:46 am

In fact no.

The spell in the macro that are on GCD are Image Mirroir and Alter Time.
The spell that are outside GCD are all other.

And I doubt that Alter Tie work good in /castsquence because of the second hit.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 am

The macro works sure, though if you are on the GCD when you pop it, you won't pop mirriors. Regardless if it works or not, it's still bad to use, because you're wasting a whole GCD of cooldowns by popping mirrors. You shouldn't even be using your first Mirror Image in combat, do it before the boss is pulled.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:49 am

In fact no.

The spell in the macro that are on GCD are Image Mirroir and Alter Time.

Alter Time isn't a GCD spell.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:59 am

In fact no.

The spell in the macro that are on GCD are Image Mirror and Alter Time.

Alter Time isn't a GCD spell.
I was pretty sure it is. So sorry.
But you want to have the possibility to press it twice in raw. So having it in /cast sequence still isn't a good idea.

The important part, is to have Image Mirror at the very end of the macro as it's the spell with GCD.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Tiaitchsi

Unread postby Tiaitchsi Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 am

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Alter Time /use Potion of the Jade Serpent /cast Berserking /cast Icy Veins /castsequence Mirror Image, Alter Time
This should work, right?
I have Mirror Image on another hotkey aswell, for single use.
This way I'll be able to pull all cooldowns but Alter Time, until I tap the macro again.
Considering that I only have the RF PBoI, would it be more worth to wait with AT for Tempus Repit?
I'm at 29.55% haste unbuffed, is the +30% Spell Haste a 30% increase in total, or only by percentage?
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 pm

The important part, is to have Image Mirror at the very end of the macro as it's the spell with GCD.
The important part is not having it there at all :D
NytemareRulez

Unread postby NytemareRulez Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 am

19347 HBP does what? I see 19214 and 25069 for LB ticks under both meta/hero 1st one makes lb have +7 while other gives it +8

Currently I am able to hit 15578 Haste and that with new BOA Staff just got (normal) replacing my lfr weapon and flex off hand. Or can go back to them and have 16352. Should I use BOA or go back to LFR+Flex Off hand?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:06 pm

19347 HBP does what? I see 19214 and 25069 for LB ticks under both meta/hero 1st one makes lb have +7 while other gives it +8

Currently I am able to hit 15578 Haste and that with new BOA Staff just got (normal) replacing my lfr weapon and flex off hand. Or can go back to them and have 16352. Should I use BOA or go back to LFR+Flex Off hand?
19347 gives +5 ticks under heroism. I'm not sure where you're seeing 19214 and 25069 as BPs for LB.

I think a normal BoA has so much more spellpower than your LFR weapon and Flex offhand that you shouldn't need to compare secondary stats. The BoA is superior by far.

If you have further questions about specific gear setups, I recommend heading to the Q&A forum: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17" target="_blank
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
NytemareRulez

Unread postby NytemareRulez Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 am

19347 gives +5 ticks under heroism. I'm not sure where you're seeing 19214 and 25069 as BPs for LB.

I think a normal BoA has so much more spellpower than your LFR weapon and Flex offhand that you shouldn't need to compare secondary stats. The BoA is superior by far.

If you have further questions about specific gear setups, I recommend heading to the Q&A forum: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17" target="_blank

If you go to AMR and pick both hero and meta you see those numbers to hit +7 and +8 and figure those are the bp you want.

Also according to Amr you need 22439 for LB to have +5 ticks under meta or hero. What am I missing?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 am

If you go to AMR and pick both hero and meta you see those numbers to hit +7 and +8 and figure those are the bp you want.

Also according to Amr you need 22439 for LB to have +5 ticks under meta or hero. What am I missing?
I'm using the same page, so I was confused.

I see what's going on now. If I'm not mistaken, you unchecked the box for 5% raid spell haste buff. All our calculations usually assume having a spell haste buff in raid - this applies to 14242, 15697, and most of the other soft caps or breakpoints that we've discussed. The 19347 BP under discussion is the same one as 22439 you're quoting, except we're assuming that we have a elemental shaman/moonkin/shadow priest/sporebat in raid.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Tiaitchsi

Unread postby Tiaitchsi Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi guys.
Just a quick question, should I go for Shipley's Shady Silks or use my current ones?
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:12 am

Hi guys.
Just a quick question, should I go for Shipley's Shady Silks or use my current ones?
Your armory is showing that pants equipped, so .....
Blyrmasia

Unread postby Blyrmasia Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 am

Any word on if crit should be = to mastery after 14242 haste for max dps?
I'm going to try it out, but curious if you have more thoughts on it yet.
Also, even if I put stats into crit, is there a cap I should look out for where I would go back to more mastery over crit?
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Updated the OP with new tid(tit)bits. Try not to trounce on anyone for enjoying 14242 or 19347 even though on single target they are less ideal. Comfort is a priority, there are no progression races happening.
Any word on if crit should be = to mastery after 14242 haste for max dps?
I'm going to try it out, but curious if you have more thoughts on it yet.
Also, even if I put stats into crit, is there a cap I should look out for where I would go back to more mastery over crit?
Please see the OP. Once Mastery > Haste, you won't have a lot of stats left over, try not to waste any, that means don't break int socket bonuses as a first priority then after that try to maximize mastery. There's no point where crit > mastery on single target and it's a negligible gain on multitarget (with a lot of complex cleave scenarios on current fights which makes it a wash). Don't burden yourself with this complexity for an answer not even simc can give you. Just stick to mastery as best you can once you hit the upper haste bp's, and know that crit is good too. Few people have enough freedom and selection in gear to really care about fine-tuning their ratios. If you end up with 24% crit, 20k mastery, 16k haste, you're set; if you end up with 19% crit, 22k mastery, 15k haste... you're fine; if you end up with 28% crit, 18k mastery, 19k haste... that's fine too. :)
Tiaitchsi

Unread postby Tiaitchsi Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi guys.
Your armory is showing that pants equipped, so .....
Yeah, because it took a day for a response. ^^
Soggs
Global Moderator

Unread postby Soggs Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm

First of all, we have something else to do once in a while other than lurking the forums to answer questions and second the correct forum to ask such question would be the Questions forum.
Shoot me a pm if you want me to elaborate on my crazy thoughts. I sometimes lose track of what I actually meant to say.

"The game isn't as simple as you."

Currently caught up in a game called Real Life. Activity may suffer from this.
Tiaitchsi

Unread postby Tiaitchsi Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:43 pm

First of all, we have something else to do once in a while other than lurking the forums to answer questions and second the correct forum to ask such question would be the Questions forum.
No need to take that tone.
Also, wouldn't THIS be the right thread to ask questions regarding gear?
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 pm

No need to take that tone.
Also, wouldn't THIS be the right thread to ask questions regarding gear?
Not even the correct forum.

Posts in these forums, guides, charts, etc., are for discussion.

Good Example: "Do you really think it is ok to use FCoR over a trinket from a prior tier if upgraded?" 8-)
Bad Example: "Can you look at my armory and tell me what I'm doing wrong?" :shock: :twisted:

Any questions pertaining to you need to be in the (http://altered-time.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17" target="_blank) forum we designated to handle all support questions in an efficient, organized manner. This means not only can you ask for individualized help (and get it for free), but you can also see other questions asked by other mages, which may be similar to your own.

Return to “Frost”