Frost logging problems

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Raggamasta

Frost logging problems

Unread postby Raggamasta Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:35 am

For some time I have noticed that sometimes my dps on either WoL or WCL is way lower than in actual raids. I did some research and found out that the reason this happens, is that Water Elementals damage doesn't get added to my own dps. Equipped with that knowledge I now recast my Water Elemental before every pull, but there have been times where WE damage still gets separated from my own dps later on WCL.

Is there something else I could do to fix it? Today we had a raid as well, should have got #8 paragons 10 hc, but because WE damage is bugged I only got #22.

Also I wonder how many other frost mages suffer from the same problem (some without even knowing about it) and get low numbers on WoL or WCL because of it. People tend to say that fire and arcane have better parses on WCL for example and frost must be quite bad because of it. What if one of the reasons we tend to "suck" on these logs is that our WE damage just gets bugged out fairly often?

I know that WoL isn't actively maintained anymore, but I wonder if there's a way to fix WCL logs?
Sturmcantor

Re: Frost logging problems

Unread postby Sturmcantor Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 am

The solution is very simple. Summon Water Elemental within the logging period or upload logs after the end of the night. It's only a problem with live logs where the Ele was summoned before the start of the logging period.
Raggamasta

Unread postby Raggamasta Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 am

The solution is very simple. Summon Water Elemental within the logging period or upload logs after the end of the night. It's only a problem with live logs where the Ele was summoned before the start of the logging period.
I already resummon my Water Elemental before every pull and our logs get uploaded after the raid is over. Still sometimes WE damage gets bugged out.
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 am

I already resummon my Water Elemental before every pull and our logs get uploaded after the raid is over. Still sometimes WE damage gets bugged out.
Link some of these logs? Is your logger using an addon that turns on logging on boss pull and then turns it off again at boss death rather than leaving the log running?
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:34 pm

As said above, this is a symptom of your pet being summoned outside of the log. It is possible to copy/paste a summoning event with an appropriate timestamp at the beginning of your log to correct this.

Return to “Frost”