Weapons

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Crabmodem

Weapons

Unread postby Crabmodem Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:00 pm

With the armor it is kinda easy to pick which is better and the flow chart really helps but what about when it comes to weapons. I'm pretty sure that the wand from spoils and the off hand from Garrosh is better than the BoA staff from Garrosh but when I run AMR it tells me different things. So before I go and spent upgrades on the main hand off hand is there something out there other than AMR to really get a fell on the weapons.
durrtygoodz

Re: Weapons

Unread postby durrtygoodz Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:41 pm

With weapon it basiaclly comes down to what you can get higher ilvl. Garrosh offhand is the best offhand and nazgrim sword/spoils wand are close, but some people will get, for example, hc wf Gaze of Arrogance long before getting a hc wf mh/oh combo so it just comes down to getting the highest ilvl one really.
Crabmodem

Unread postby Crabmodem Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:35 pm

The BoA staff is the same ilvl as the wand and the off hand or will be when I upgrade them which is what I said in my post. I'm trying to get a fell if main hand off hand is going to be better than the BoA staff.
durrtygoodz

Unread postby durrtygoodz Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:57 pm

May as well save yourself 2k valour and use the staff?
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Generally speaking the wand/offhand (upgraded) are going to be marginally better than the staff. To which extent intends entirely on the rest of your gear.

AMR uses preconfigured stat weights to determine what is best unless you've manually inputted them. It may tell you one weapon is superior to the other if the initial weapon has hit on it and you're already over capped and unable to reforge it out elsewhere.

If you're lazy or prepping for the expansion, go with the staff. If you're looking to min-max, main hand /off hand. The gains aren't very substantial, though.
Crabmodem

Unread postby Crabmodem Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 am

ran it through the sim five times each with the staff and the main off and it comes out to the main off is a 2 to 3k DPS boost. FOr the xpac I will be using the staff while lvling though.
Skil

Unread postby Skil Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:16 pm

I remember asking this question in the ICRC forums that Arkaen was running, and basically they told me that Mh/Oh is slightly better because of the second enchant on the Oh... I too have have the normal boa staff, but have been using the mh/oh instead

Return to “Frost”