Refreshing LB

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Kagge

Refreshing LB

Unread postby Kagge Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am

I am woundering if it´s a loss to refresh bomb before it exlodes on single target? The senario am after is if you let it explode and forget to refresh it for some sec. Is that more of a loss then to refresh it early to keep dot up?
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: Refreshing LB

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:55 am

You should refresh living bomb somewhere in the last 1.5 seconds. LB will still explode if you refresh it in the last 1.5 seconds.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:47 am

Best case scenario is to recast it the moment it falls off. Since that's nearly impossible, the second best scenario is to cast it (As Dutchmagoz said) within 1.5 seconds before it expires. Failing that, recasting it as soon after it falls off is your third best option (Though you could argue that it's equal to refreshing it a second early.)
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:54 am

LB explodes if you refresh it before the last tick (but not earlier), so you don't need to wait until it falls off. With the common 14242 haste build, this usually means during the last 2 seconds of it.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm

LB explodes if you refresh it before the last tick (but not earlier), so you don't need to wait until it falls off. With the common 14242 haste build, this usually means during the last 2 seconds of it.
An easy way to handle this is to cast it (Sorry if this is vague) as the spinning timer on the DoT reaches the top left corner. Regardless of haste, this will fall between the second to last, and last tick.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:45 pm

An easy way to handle this is to cast it (Sorry if this is vague) as the spinning timer on the DoT reaches the top left corner. Regardless of haste, this will fall between the second to last, and last tick.
That doesn't sound right...

Top left corner = 45 degrees = 1/8th of duration = 12/8 = 1.5 seconds left on bomb.

3 second base tick / 1.5 seconds = 200% haste

So if you have spell haste buff, both meta and bloodlust up, and at least 2268 haste on your gear, this won't work. Or if you're a troll, then you will have this problem even with zero haste.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm

You're right. I must have been tired I think when I posted this.

Top corner works up to 87.44% Haste. (+4 ticks at that point). If you're above that then you need to let it get closer to expiring.

Return to “Frost”