7.1.0 Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
kesMow

Re: Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Unread postby kesMow Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Me agin, sorry ^^

I optimized my gear with what I could and here is it...

My gear (882 iLVL) :
34500 int / 90% mast / 22% crit / 20% haste / 1% versa

SimC result : 466k DPS

Stats weight :
( Pawn: v1: "GS_Test": Intellect=12.27, CritRating=14.67, HasteRating=14.25, MasteryRating=14.36, Versatility=11.62 )

EDIT:
Will tell you if it's better than before and more if I find more*
Rikx

Unread postby Rikx Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Your best bet in trying to find the "best" relative amount of secondary stats at a static item level (and remember, it's only the best for you and your gear at your item level) is to use the reforge plot to find breakpoints.

But remember, those breakpoints are based on how your APL is configured. So, the ideal ratio of secondary stats will also change depending on how you play (i.e., the APL).
kesMow

Unread postby kesMow Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Your best bet in trying to find the "best" relative amount of secondary stats at a static item level (and remember, it's only the best for you and your gear at your item level) is to use the reforge plot to find breakpoints.
Yeah I'd like to run a simulation like Maywtf did for the fire secondary stats in another thread but I'm a novice on SimC and don't know how to do yet ^^
It would be a simulation for generic secondary stats for this spec at around 880 iLevel, with theese stats :
35000 intel
20000 for secondary stats
I don't know how and where to start for now but I'll figure that out son or later :)
But remember, those breakpoints are based on how your APL is configured. So, the ideal ratio of secondary stats will also change depending on how you play (i.e., the APL).
I think the one in first post fits me well, I should change a couple thing (like adding the gnawed thumb ring, some trinkets to use and so on) but it wouldn't change that much I guess...
pugs

Unread postby pugs Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:39 am

Please excuse my noobness. I just started playing again after a 1.5 or so year break.

Anyway I have a question on Relics for this spec. I have looked at the charts people have posted but I have no clue how to read them. I am pretty sure we want to run as many Icy Caress relics as possible. My question is at what point is another relic better just for increasing the weapon's item level? I have some 845 Icy Caress relics. However I have equipped an 865 and 855 frost Let it Go relic and 850 arcane Let it Go relic just because those are the highest item level relics I have come across. Can an 840 or 845 be better than an 850 or 855 or even 865 just due to buffing a better weapon trait?

I apologize if there is good info on this somewhere I have missed. If you can link me to it that would be great.
Rikx

Unread postby Rikx Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:13 am

The actual breakpoint for weapon itemlevel being better is absurdly high. I think currently it's something like around 30 relic level.

With 7.1.5 that number looks to be even higher, too.
Nosking13

Unread postby Nosking13 Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 am

# This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character.
# It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable,
# while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps.
# Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs.
# SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists.
# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.
actions.precombat=flask,type=flask_of_the_whispered_pact
actions.precombat+=/food,type=nightborne_delicacy_platter
actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled
actions.precombat+=/water_elemental
actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
actions.precombat+=/mirror_image
actions.precombat+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power
actions.precombat+=/frostbolt

# Executed every time the actor is available.
actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react
actions+=/time_warp,if=(time=0&buff.bloodlust.down)|(buff.bloodlust.down&equipped.132410)
actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns
actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.frostbolt
actions+=/blizzard,if=buff.zannesu_journey.stack>4|buff.zannesu_journey.remains<cast_time+1&equipped.133970
actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>2&(equipped.138140|equipped.132411)
actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>1&buff.rune_of_power.down
actions+=/frozen_orb,if=buff.rune_of_power.down
actions+=/glacial_spike
#actions+=/frozen_orb
actions+=/frostbolt

actions.cooldowns=rune_of_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<cast_time|charges_fractional>1.7&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>38|buff.icy_veins.up|target.time_to_die.remains+5<charges_fractional*22
actions.cooldowns+=/icy_veins,if=buff.icy_veins.down
actions.cooldowns+=/mirror_image
actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=neck
actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2
actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury
actions.cooldowns+=/berserking
actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent
actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<5

is this APL still works fine? cause it seems wrong on me at least for stat scaling. when i sim myself with the latest version for 7.1.5. i get these Pawn weights: Intellect=12.73, CritRating=12.93, HasteRating=14.05, MasteryRating=13.64, Versatility=14.00 which doesnt seems right to me. Wonder if some1 can help me with it?

Note: im a forum noob dont know how to quote sorry for that :P its the same APL in the guide.
egnition

Unread postby egnition Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:59 pm

is GC build viable after 7.1.5? with frost bolt nerf.. ?
Rikx

Unread postby Rikx Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

is this APL still works fine? cause it seems wrong on me at least for stat scaling.
Stat weights is what's best relative to where you are *now*. They don't give an overall best ratio of the stats you need.

It's even more effected when you have stats that only effect certain spells. At low amounts of stats it'll make it look like it's worthless, but if you have a high enough amount of that stat it'll completely change the other stat weights.

That APL is acceptable overall (there's nothing that drastically changes stuff) but there are certain tweaks that need to be made for 7.1.5.
is GC build viable after 7.1.5? with frost bolt nerf.. ?
Yes and no.

Yes, because GS itself got increased from 750% SP to 1000% SP, but the icicle contribution towards its damage will be lower right now of course. And it's not suddenly dumpster tier damage.

No, because with the right legendaries TV looks like it's blowing GS out of the water. And GS only really starts shining at a higher gear level, which is when you'd likely have the right legendaries after all.

That said, the burst damage of GS is ridiculous, whereas TV only really has great sustained damage. And since GS still double-dips, there may very well be a time in the future where GS does more damage than TV.
chengwee

Unread postby chengwee Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 am

is GS Dead? it seems like the nerf to FB is pretty big
blackgandolf

Unread postby blackgandolf Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:36 pm

I played GS the two weeks prior to patch. Partially because I have 4 utility legionaries and it simmed higher than fire, arcane, and TVfrost, and partially because I wanted to cheese xavius with massive dream damage. Before 7.1.5 I was competitively keeping up and even surpassing the arcane and fire mages in my group on most EN fights, especially ST and light cleave. Yesterday, patch 7.1.5, I ran M and H EN. The nerf to secondary stats makes GS feel super sluggish. Frostbolt hits like a wet noodle so I swapped mastery for crit (and inadvertently a lot more int from ilvl) and am closer to my pre-patch dummy damage, but still a lot less. Meanwhile, the arcane and fire mages in my raid seem to have gained damage.

Perhaps I need to alter the playstyle a bit, like incorporating non-RoP ebonbolts or spamming max CR ice lances at the end of a RoP rather than squeeze 1 more frostbolt out.
Rikx

Unread postby Rikx Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 pm

To clarify, when I said:
And GS only really starts shining at a higher gear level, which is when you'd likely have the right legendaries after all.
I meant gear levels somewhere beyond Nighthold. Maybe 930 average ilvl, maybe 970. It's not going to be anytime soon.

But it's not thousands of ilevel away, I believe.
kesMow

Unread postby kesMow Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Same behavior for me :(

880/885 fire mage most of the time (with fire bracers).
I've played like 2 weeks with the GS spec and the DPS meter was really happy about it! :)
Yesterday, I've tried to play with it (on ST RAID Bosses only) and it felt hard...

Will have to wait to play it back at a good level I guess.
Venno

Unread postby Venno Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

For me, BC/IF/SI/UM/GS sims around 10k dps behind BC/MI/FT/UM/TV which is my highest simming spec. That's without changing gear.

In practice I find it reasonably close too, but I prefer the TV build.
blackgandolf

Unread postby blackgandolf Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:09 am

So I am not the best with simC, but how can I use OP's apl in the 7.1.5 nightly builds? I get all sorts of errors when copy/pasting it now. I am curious as to where GS is for me since all 4 of my legendaries are utility stat sticks.
thepaan

Unread postby thepaan Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Hey, OP, could you update the post with a working APL? I can't reproduce the build due to the errors in all of the posted ones. Thanks.

Edit: Figured it out, I think. I changed the line

Code: Select all

to

actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.1.frostbolt
I also commented out the use trinket line since it seems to not work either.
Funkyfire

Unread postby Funkyfire Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 am

Same story for me. Played GS build 2 Weeks prior to 7.1.5 and topped nearly every Boss in EN. Tbh, it felt like cheating having a double crit on a cleave fight for a total of ~15 millions. :D

I also assume that GS won't be viable again until we reached a cheesy bunch of mastery at around 895, maybe 900 ilvl. Also looking forward to the 2pc Frost bonus, which should help the GS "rotation" a lot.

I salute to all of you who have onshot themselves in Cenarius P1 back then.
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:41 am

Hey, OP, could you update the post with a working APL? I can't reproduce the build due to the errors in all of the posted ones. Thanks.

Edit: Figured it out, I think. I changed the line

to

actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.1.frostbolt
I also commented out the use trinket line since it seems to not work either.
Plausibly... maybe... :>
Arandomperson

Unread postby Arandomperson Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 pm

The ilvl requirement for playing this isnt 970 like rikx said. Currently I have 899 equipped ilvl with pretty optimized stats and I am pulling great numbers, there are a TON of good fights for gs in nighthold. 750k on botanist and I kinda fucked up abit there. 600k on anomaly . 580k on krosus. This doesnt feel like the gs build before the patch this feels like a slower tv that occasionally casts glacial spike and does 1.2m dmg with icelances. it really is nut how much burst AND sustain you have once you get to those highers ilvls
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:00 pm

The ilvl requirement for playing this isnt 970 like rikx said. Currently I have 899 equipped ilvl with pretty optimized stats and I am pulling great numbers, there are a TON of good fights for gs in nighthold. 750k on botanist and I kinda fucked up abit there. 600k on anomaly . 580k on krosus. This doesnt feel like the gs build before the patch this feels like a slower tv that occasionally casts glacial spike and does 1.2m dmg with icelances. it really is nut how much burst AND sustain you have once you get to those highers ilvls

.... this thread is about 7.1.0 GS and how PTR was looking before a bunch of flat buffs to frost. Back about 2 weeks ago, it would require an absolutely insane of Verse/Mastery for this specific build to be applicable. Razlopp's post is an updated APL and an updated build guide. I will change the title of this thread so that others are not confused in the future.
Arandomperson

Re: 7.1.0 Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Unread postby Arandomperson Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Oh cool, I didn't realise , I thought it was updated.

Return to “Frost”