Frost Loot guide for NH

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Habibikareem

Frost Loot guide for NH

Unread postby Habibikareem Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Updated 02/28/2017

I made a spread sheet for loot and what kind of loot you would want for frost mage. this is generally following the guide frosted made for 7.1.5 with his sims for relics and stat weights. This is just a basic sheet nothing crazy.
This spreadsheet is all matter of opinion and done if only have Shard of Exodar(ring) legendary. Also following stat weights:
Haste>Crit>Vers>Mastery

Updated for mythic loot guide, Added more info for BiS gear in previous raids and world bosses, And lastly updated bonus roll table.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank
Last edited by Habibikareem on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonashh

Re: Frost Loot guide for NH

Unread postby jonashh Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Thank you for this, very helpful.
Venno

Unread postby Venno Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:08 am

Awesome, thanks dude!

Edit: no selection for trinkets? I saw the stat stick reference, but not sure how that relates to the trinkets available. Are you not considering trinkets in your bonus roll choice?
Habibikareem

Unread postby Habibikareem Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:27 am

I honestly still dont know what trinkets are good or bad my general rule is to roll on all trinkets and sim myself but according to the link i posted frosted 7.1.5 guide has whispers of the dark(guldan trinket) simmed very high and if you look at my bonus roll table its under guldan.
Venno

Unread postby Venno Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:49 am

I honestly still dont know what trinkets are good or bad my general rule is to roll on all trinkets and sim myself but according to the link i posted frosted 7.1.5 guide has whispers of the dark(guldan trinket) simmed very high and if you look at my bonus roll table its under guldan.
Yeah makes sense, thanks heaps :)
Muphrid

Unread postby Muphrid Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm

I'd consider some other items here: head from Trilliax instead of tier, Chest from Chrono as well (provided one doesn't have legendary gloves; if you do, you have to take either of those tier pieces; it looks like those options are about a wash). Also Star Augur boots and Skorp belt.

Basically, I think you've been too willing to take mastery pieces when mastery is 3/4 the value of any other stat for single target TV builds, and even less for AoE.
glasscannon

Unread postby glasscannon Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 pm

How well do the Sims utilize the trinkets?

I acquired Gul'dan's trinket (880) last night and every stat sheet lists it as this awesome trinket, but according to my sims, unless I can stand still for a majority of the fight, it's a significant DPS loss (other two trinkets are stat sticks, 870+Int/Haste, 860Arcano)

I guess my question is, for right now, how much faith I should put into Sims vs. well-regarded theorycrafter stats?
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Sims are a tool to help you make choices but not the end all be all deciding factor. The Sims they've posted in the frost thread are based on a default profile and you will always be different because your gear is different. The things posted should always be taken as guidelines and if you ever encounter a question you should always sim yourself. Since you've done that and come to the conclusion the gul'dan trinket isn't good for you assuming you simmed all three trinket set ups. You should bank the trinket and wait for it to get buffed or your gear to change and see if the trinket is better suddenly.
Osinin

Unread postby Osinin Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:18 am

I'd consider some other items here: head from Trilliax instead of tier, Chest from Chrono as well (provided one doesn't have legendary gloves; if you do, you have to take either of those tier pieces; it looks like those options are about a wash). Also Star Augur boots and Skorp belt.

Basically, I think you've been too willing to take mastery pieces when mastery is 3/4 the value of any other stat for single target TV builds, and even less for AoE.
Yeah, I have been playing around with building different sets and one way or another you have to have some mastery due to tier and options.

Trying to put together a set trying for crit and haste > vers > mastery (or basically just trying to avoid mastery gear) and I end losing crit and haste, but gaining a few thousand vers and obviously gaining a good chunk of int. This should obviously lead to more dps, but just seems weird to drop haste and crit levels as you gear up. The 33% shatter cap isn't even a worry if you are avoiding mastery gear.
Habibikareem

Unread postby Habibikareem Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Updated the chart for mythic and added more info
Winkers

Unread postby Winkers Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:08 pm

I did Napkin math the other day, using my stat weights, and the Crit /Haste Helm + Tier Chest combo came out 2006 "points" higher. Total "points" were around 148,000 each so its close to a wash. Luckily I got both to drop in H on tuesday as well.
dabsence

Unread postby dabsence Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm having an interesting sitation- got the trilliax helm 915 w/socket and it is putting me wearing the tier chest and dropping to 26% crit for my best sims. Botanist and tichondrius rings along with the tier chest have me very high on vers and gloves/bracers add a chunk of mastery. So at this point it looks like I need the odyn chest at 910+ or a mythic tier helm to be able to cut the tier chest. Still though- crit cap is seemingly far less important than a good chunk of int.
StoneDog0055

Unread postby StoneDog0055 Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 am

There is another post with roughly the same info.

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=3585

It also has Tomb info on it. If your going for 2P19 + 4PT20 the ones that have the best stats looks like the Shoulders and Pants from T19.

For Trinkets I usually sim using raidbot but this spreadsheet is handy for quick info

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =340651414
Trig

Unread postby Trig Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 am

7.2 Trinket List - not sure who put that together but I'd read that it was the same methodology as Bink
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Sat May 20, 2017 9:40 pm

7.2 Trinket List - not sure who put that together but I'd read that it was the same methodology as Bink
*Raises Hand* I took it off Bink's hands to save him some CPU cycles at patch time since people really liked the format he used. Display method is the same, profile generation and run is a slightly different method but most don't care much for the behind the scenes stuff anyway :)

Return to “Frost”